Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Would this help?

Would it help if I Veiled the front part of my hood that curves down. Again, I do not care what the car looks like.

I was going to add a picture, but I guess you can't do that.

Thanks, Chris

Advanced Member

what color is your paint i think you'd be better off with a leather bra

Make sure all the chrom is treated as well as any other reflective thing you have on the front

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

Rule of least squares, or some nonsense.

Basically at first when you do things (plate/headlights) its most effective... but as you keep eliminating near-IR reflective surfaces, it becomes less and less effective as your detection level approaches 0.

Veil, laser shield, and a jammer... its really all you can do until the Veil people come out with their Veil Stealth Paint and Veil Stealth Clear Coat (last two products are totally fictional and a guess, but makes alot of sense for them to introduce if you ask me).

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kai445
    its really all you can do until the Veil people come out with their Veil Stealth Paint and Veil Stealth Clear Coat (last two products are totally fictional and a guess, but makes alot of sense for them to introduce if you ask me).
    You just never know
    There used to be some car wax that actually reduced the range of radar. I once asked Bob the VEIL guy if they ever thought of making VEIL car wax, he said they do have some other products in the works but he couldn't comment

Newcomer

The car is about the background of what the typing is on the message board. Does that help?

Chris

Manufacturer

cjs180,

We specifically advise against its use in this manner on our manual. However, you may be pleased to know, we have been working on an effective solution for lighter vehicles. Should be in the near future and we'll be sure to keep everyone posted... In the meantime, please enjoy the protection VEIL provides in the manner recommended in the product manual.

sakoylini,

I believe this product to have been tested by SML several years ago. As expected the product demonstrated to be totally ineffective.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Newcomer

Funny you mention the wax. We hired a guy retired after 20 years in the Airforce and I was telling him about Veil. He then said "that sounds like a spray we used to put onto the jets to help avoid radar." I asked if he could get me some and he laughed!

Chris

Experienced

I believe this product to have been tested by SML several years ago. As expected the product demonstrated to be totally ineffective.
    I wouldn't say totally. They have concluded that it absorbs 11 - 13% of the radar emision, and for a simple car wax, thats quite an achievement. If it was combined with some other things I discussed in the radar jammer section, it just could give a driver an edge with radar.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    cjs180,
    However, you may be pleased to know, we have been working on an effective solution for lighter vehicles.
    Good I'll hold off rattle canning black the front end of my Impala