Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Veil on front plate but not lamps?

Just curious if there's a benefit to coating my front plate only, but not the lamps, with Veil. I've read on this forum that Veil can diminish headlamp effectiveness by 15-20%. As a guy that has a hard time seeing at night, this would be bad. Thanks for your input.

P.s. Will Lasershield be better for me? If so, pls PM me with a legit US dealer...the rules around product recommendations for this forum are strange to say to the least.

Speed Demon

If you only want to cover the front license plate then the laser shield is a much better solution. You can get a laser shield for 20 bucks from radar roy, and it will last forever as opposed to the veil that is 90 and you will have to re-coat it every so often.

www.radarbusters.com

That's great to know, my thanks.

Since you're a masshole like me, is Lasershield cool in the Commonwealth?

Speed Demon

Actually in MA it's illegal to have covers on either of your plates. Veil might be illegal too depending on how noticeable it is though. AFAIK the law states that you can't make any modifications to your plate or do something to it that reduces visibility of the letters.

Don't take my word for it but I don't think it's a big deal but it's one of those things that you can get an extra fine for if a cop notices it.

Thanks Synbios. Is there a link to the lasershield on radar roy's site? i can't seem to find it...

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Grinch80
    Thanks Synbios. Is there a link to the lasershield on radar roy's site? i can't seem to find it...
    http://www.radarbusters.com/products...ser-shield.asp

Manufacturer

Using the LS or VEIL on the plate alone won't provide much protection at all, I am afraid as the headlights and foglights provide more than enough reflection to give a laser gun a reading quickly.

If you are reluctant to utilize Veil, you may want to consider employing a jammer in your solution.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Experienced

Default Re: Veil on front plate but not lamps?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinch80
    Just curious if there's a benefit to coating my front plate only, but not the lamps, with Veil. I've read on this forum that Veil can diminish headlamp effectiveness by 15-20%. As a guy that has a hard time seeing at night, this would be bad. Thanks for your input.

P.s. Will Lasershield be better for me? If so, pls PM me with a legit US dealer...the rules around product recommendations for this forum are strange to say to the least.
    Just upgrade your bulbs to a higher wattage. That should compensate for any loss. They may be considered illegal wattage bulbs, however, with the Veil coverage they will now look normal.

Old Timer

^ Still not quite.

The color-shift will still be there - and that itself will both somewhat impair vision, as well as may attract more enforcement attention.

Both of these factors are what's keeping me from applying my VEIL ( to say nothing of the weather conditions since I bought my can ).

As some of you well-know, I'm *still* nail-biting over this one. :cry: :?

I got VEIL for my headlights, but i'm still working on a solution for my front plate.

Does anyone know if lasershield is permitted in Maryland?