View Poll Results: Would you buy VEIL if your DIODE(not LED) jammer already jams headlight and plate shots to the gun?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes -- Probably don't need it, but you can't go wrong with too much protection.

    10 52.63%
  • NO

    4 21.05%
  • If VEIL was cheaper I'd buy it

    5 26.32%
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,854

    Default Would you buy VEIL if your laser jammer didn't need it?

    VEIL has been proven to cut laser readings by 50%. Blinder jammers need VEIL, especially for the headlight shots. VEIL helps blinder and other LED jammers reduce the punch through distances very well. On the other hand laser diode jammers(Antilaser & Lidatek) jam the laser to the gun w/o the help of Veil. If you had a laser diode jammer would you purchase VEIL even though your diode jammer already jams to the gun?

    I would buy VEIL to use with my diode jammer only because I feel you can't go wrong with too much protection. What about you?

    JTW

  2. #2

    Default Re: Would you buy VEIL if your laser jammer didn't need it?

    Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    On the other hand laser diode jammers(Antilaser & Lidatek) jam the laser to the gun w/o the help of Veil.
    While I trust you, I think many people would consider this information as apocryphal. Can you back this up for them?

    PS - I'm on the fence about Veil ATM, so I refrained from voting.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,854

    Default Re: Would you buy VEIL if your laser jammer didn't need it?

    Quote Originally Posted by EastGermanOlympicJudge
    Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    On the other hand laser diode jammers(Antilaser & Lidatek) jam the laser to the gun w/o the help of Veil.
    While I trust you, I think many people would consider this information as apocryphal. Can you back this up for them?

    PS - I'm on the fence about Veil ATM, so I refrained from voting.
    Well the Antilaser vids show jam to gun on several guns. Lidatek also uses a laser diode and I hear rumors they jammed at all distances at SML.

    Two teams are going to film antilaser and lidatek videos within 2 weeks. You'll have proof.

  4. #4
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Well, I certainly wouldn't stop using it since I already have a can that's still got plenty left in it. A few months ago I would have said that I would quit using it because of how it looks on the license plate...way too dark. But my current setup with a laser shield and a single coat on plexiglass is hardly noticeable at all unless you are standing right next to the car and looking for the covers.

    Veil is cheap insurance, and not prone to things like electrical faults. As long as the coat is even and not chipped, you are protected. That's not something that I can say for a jammer. If it were to crap out unexpectedly when I needed it and I didn't have Veil then I would definitely be toast. If it broke and I did have Veil then I would have at least a fighting chance. So I think I can safely vote yes on this one.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brick
    Well, I certainly wouldn't stop using it since I already have a can that's still got plenty left in it. A few months ago I would have said that I would quit using it because of how it looks on the license plate...way too dark. But my current setup with a laser shield and a single coat on plexiglass is hardly noticeable at all unless you are standing right next to the car and looking for the covers.

    Veil is cheap insurance, and not prone to things like electrical faults. As long as the coat is even and not chipped, you are protected. That's not something that I can say for a jammer. If it were to crap out unexpectedly when I needed it and I didn't have Veil then I would definitely be toast. If it broke and I did have Veil then I would have at least a fighting chance. So I think I can safely vote yes on this one.
    Totally agree with you. YOu can't go wrong with passive helpers like Veil and the laser shield.

  6. #6
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    480

    Default Re: Would you buy VEIL if your laser jammer didn't need it?

    Quote Originally Posted by EastGermanOlympicJudge
    Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    On the other hand laser diode jammers(Antilaser & Lidatek) jam the laser to the gun w/o the help of Veil.
    While I trust you, I think many people would consider this information as apocryphal. Can you back this up for them?

    PS - I'm on the fence about Veil ATM, so I refrained from voting.
    I will back it up. In Holland it would help to put veil on the back of the car instead of front. They sometimes laser you from behind and with those two red reflectors in your lamp it is extremely ease to get a reading

  7. #7
    Founder of Stealthvation
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Laser Veil will ALWAYS be on my arsenal no matter what jammer I use :twisted:
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.


    http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/


    LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!











    You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!










    buyradardetectors rocks!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 12:03 PM
  2. Is veil considered a laser jammer?
    By cheaperinfiniti in forum Laser Veil Stealth Coating
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 11:28 PM
  3. Anyone here have VEIL and tested it against laser w/o jammer
    By Audi Quattro in forum Laser Veil Stealth Coating
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-28-2006, 04:40 AM
  4. Photo Jammer & Veil/Laser Shield
    By TheGame in forum Photo Enforcement
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 04:31 PM
  5. Even with a jammer, get some VEIL
    By robert in forum Laser Veil Stealth Coating
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 08:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •