Newcomer

Default Veil doesn't seem worth it

I have a 97 4runner and a V1.. Do you guys think that purchasing veil is a waste of money??

I would only apply it to the front and rear license plates because i don't want it messing up my headlights...

Would even this much application help? i might put it on my bumper blinkers though...

Professional

Probably Wouldn't Help Enough. I Wouldn't Bother With It, Especially Not If yr Not Gonna Put it On yr Headlightz...

If u Get It, Put it On yr Headlightz, If Not I'd Save Up 4 a Jammer...

Yoda of Radar

On a 4Runner? Hell no.

If you got a jammer and you were willing to put it on your headlights, THEN it could help. But not just on the plates, with no jammer, on a 4Runner.

Old Timer

If you are just using it for the plates, just get a laser shield. Plus, for a 4-Runner, the Veil would be useless by itself, even if you put it on the headlights.

Newcomer

Default Re: Veil doesn't seem worth it

Quote Originally Posted by ooja3k
    I have a 97 4runner and a V1.. Do you guys think that purchasing veil is a waste of money??

I would only apply it to the front and rear license plates because i don't want it messing up my headlights...

Would even this much application help? i might put it on my bumper blinkers though...
    Your headlights NEED to be coated as it will not harm them either. Even then I think whether or not you choose to buy Veil for your vehicle may depend upon how fast you routinely cruise above the speed limit. If it's only 5 mph over than veil should be satisfactory. But if you are unwilling to do such than save some money and get yourself a Laser Shield.

Old Timer

Default Re: Veil doesn't seem worth it

Quote Originally Posted by pianobomber
    Quote Originally Posted by ooja3k

Your headlights NEED to be coated as it will not harm them either. Even then I think whether or not you choose to buy Veil for your vehicle may depend upon how fast you routinely cruise above the speed limit. If it's only 5 mph over than veil should be satisfactory. But if you are unwilling to do such than save some money and get yourself a Laser Shield.
    Either way, it's an SUV he's driving. I don't think Veiling his headlights will do much, unless he has active jamming.

Lead Foot

Is Veil worth it? Yes, if used in conjunction with other countermeasures.
    Should you apply it on your plates? No, it will make them look horrible. Get a lasershield for the front.
    It doesn't mess up your headlights. It messes up your plates.

I do think Veil would be more successful sold at half the price for 1/4 the amount. Many,. many more people would be willing to "gamble" $50, and you don't need even a fraction of what you are given in one container.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by jwardell
    Is Veil worth it? Yes, if used in conjunction with other countermeasures.
    Should you apply it on your plates? No, it will make them look horrible. Get a lasershield for the front.
    It doesn't mess up your headlights. It messes up your plates.

I do think Veil would be more successful sold at half the price for 1/4 the amount. Many,. many more people would be willing to "gamble" $50, and you don't need even a fraction of what you are given in one container.
    Yea, that suggestion has been given many times, but I don't think it will ever happen