Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why buy veil?

Radar Fanatic

Default Why buy veil?

I was just wondering if its worth it for me to buy an $90 can when I can only apply it to my small head lights and maybe my laser shield

i dont have a jammer and probably not going to get one, how much help would veil give me in terms of jamming laser?

wouldnt cop get a reading just from the reflection from my bumper?

i have no chrome or anything in the front to so veil needed for that

Banned

Default Re: Why buy veil?

Quote Originally Posted by f_399
    I was just wondering if its worth it for me to buy an $90 can when I can only apply it to my small head lights and maybe my laser shield

i dont have a jammer and probably not going to get one, how much help would veil give me in terms of jamming laser?

With a black car and no chrome Veil would save you within 1000' of the gun. You might be able to get close then that, but I dont' want to give you false hopes it the officer clocks ya. Get a lidatek.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster

With a black car and no chrome Veil would save you within 1000' of the gun. You might be able to get close then that, but I dont' want to give you false hopes it the officer clocks ya. Get a lidatek.
    i dont have the money for a jammer, is veil worth buying in my situation?

Banned

I bet the Veil will save you at least once, so yes it's worth it.

Scratonicity Groupie

VEIL is very much worth every penny. Anything over 1000FT you will have a fighting chance, and down to 500FT you should have a fighting chance.

Bob, wouldnt drive around with just VEIL on his car if he didnt belive in it

--staton

Experienced

The Veil is most definately worth its price. Since your car is black and you have no plate, a double coating over your headlights should reduce the range of laser to under 300 feet. Black car with no front plate and tiny headlights. No brainer, a perfect Veil candidate.

Lead Foot

I agree with everyone that Veil would be extremely useful for you. One very heavy coat of Veil on your headlights would be extremely effective at reducing targeting range to 500ft or below especially since you do not have a front plate. Two coats of Veil must be done carefully or it will flake. For best results remove the entire headlight assembly and coat on a flat surface. This will help to minimize streaking and runs making the coating less noticeable. With the V1's incredible laser sensitivity you would have a good chance of being able to slow down if over 500ft away before your speed was aquired by the laser gun.

Advanced Member

With owning a V1 yes it is perfect the V1 will hopefully if mounted according to manual will alter to the car in front being shot by laser so you will be able to slow down in time. VEIL is 65%+ effective in reducing the range of police lidar...And if you don't have to run a licence plate don't VEIL will help you alot

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Longsnowsm

After reading the SML 2005 report I think your question is even more interesting. From the looks of the data Veil should be able to block a LIDAR reading outside of 1000' feet. However it appeared in the SML testing it was questionable if Veil would help you inside of 1000'. Now I have a couple of concerns with the SML data as there are many things in that report that don't seem to match up with some of the results of independent testing done here on this site. Given the evidence shown by forum members that Veil can help inside of 1000' I think we should hold that thought in our minds as new test data from forum members is about to be released from 7/16 testing.

Let's assume for a second that the SML data is correct and that Veil does shutdown LIDAR outside of 1000'. In your encounters where you live what are the common distances your likely to to see a laser attack? I know where I live they have only recently obtained laser so they are out screwing around with it and doing long shots of 2000-1500ft, but will they continue to do this once they have more experience with the guns and are familiar with the capabilities? I don't know. I have to assume that they will get smarter and will be using them short range and in my face. In that senario I would have to say that without additional help your in deep dung So I would say if you think up close encounters are more likely than longer distance shots you should save your money and just consider the jammer(again based on SML reports). Veil can be a help, and frankly I do think Veil can save your bacon. Especially if LEO's begin a tracking history on your vehicle outside of that 1000' range. A good RD should pickup either the scatter from vehicles in front of you or pickup the shots on your car at distances of 1000'+. This is where I think Veil will help.

Now if the data that was previously reported by forum members that Veil cut down punch through into the 300'-500' range then by all means Veil, Laser Sheild, and a good RD should be enough. I would just keep your eyes peeled for the lastest testing info from folks here before you spend any more money. I trust these guys a heck of a lot more than I do SML or any of these other outfits with financial interests clouding the results, the expectations, and assumptions used for testing. I can list a littany of things that I think are wrong with the SML assumptions used for the tests, and I feel that they reflect constraints set upon the tests to satisfy specific vendors so that they would not show weaknesses or failure. So if I were you I would carefully decide how much weight you want to place on the SML results vs what our local enthusiasts come up with.

That being said I purchased a can of Veil, and I am currently experimenting with it's application on our vehicles. I tend to think the data we have seen from forum members is more on the money than SML or these other guys have come up with... We will soon find out

Drive safe, have fun,
    Longsnowsm

Professional

my experience : at first i tought just buying veil , then i ordered both veil and m-20 .If one is going to war = over-equipped is the way to go.

Here leo shoots as close 200 feet , a man take a safe spot at a '' new-jersey separator '' and shoots you in your face , then a friend is picking you farther.

The best investment is any active measure , it is sure it works at close range , ok it is more money but can you afford a ticket for 17 miles over ? When all is said , it depends how much over the limit you go.
    Veil is better than nothing , it is not expensive because one bottle can be split with friends , at least 3 , each one having plenty for a car.