Default Laser Veil and Shield saved me!

To Mr. Veil,

Just to report to you that my Veil application on my vehicle saved me from a speeding ticket during my vacation on one of the Northern Gulf Islands in BC.

I didn't expect cops to be trapping cars off the ferry, especially that if you want to make it to another ferry on the other side of the island.

Anyways, I didn't have my detector on my windshield because I never seen cops do this before.
    The LEO shot me within 100m, yes that's like point blank range. Initially, I thought he got me because he did a U-turn after I passed him and followed me for awhile. I decided to park in the food mall to hide from him. He followed me there too and parked next beside me..
    When I left the vehicle, the cop didn't look at all happy. Looks like he's itching to give me a ticket there. Stayed in the mall for 20mins and he was still there! I guess he's really determined to nail me. 5 mins later, I sent a friend out to check the situation and he saw the LEO inspect my headlights and license plate very closely as though he suspects I have some kind of countermeasures. He then jumped into his RCMP truck and took off..

I believe that he probably clocked me with his laser, maybe an LTI Ultralyte and couldn't get a reading. Got curious and followed me to ascertain why his gun was jammed. I believe he knew..

Next time, I will turn my detector on regardless if I'm on any island..

Radar Fanatic

well u didnt have your RD on so you are just assuming he shot you but a good way to take off and start your story

Quote Originally Posted by TeamQuack
    well u didnt have your RD on so you are just assuming he shot you but a good way to take off and start your story
    Yeah.. That would be a good time to test my Whistler's laser detection capability. Somehow, I doubt it'll perform any better than your V1 at very close range. But u are right.. I was assuming it was laser because, the cop got out and look at my headlights and front license plate afterwards in the parking lot.

Power User
    MI / MA

No detector performs as good as a V1 in laser detection But I have full confidence that Whistlers laser diodes can detect direct-hits well, particulary with a lower mount

Bozeman, MT

Welcome to our forum and please call me Bob (or the Veil Guy). :wink:

Most Interesting experience and thanks for your feedback.

Be safe, my friend.

x2! I am particularly impressed with the abilities of the Whistler's Pro-78 (or XTR-690) in this regard.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook