Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Manufacturer

Default Re: Your real world veil application guide (uses an airbrush)

Quote Originally Posted by CeeAre View Post
    This is a pretty old thread and I believe it is aimed specifically at the G4 product.

Soooo...how would this change using an airbrush for the G5?

The formula is now water-base, so the amonia and whatnot mentioned here...still the same need?

I expect to receive my G5 shortly, and the tutorial Veil Guy showed on the application in one of Roy's videos just said clean the surface with water and a paper towel, shake well, let settle a bit, then foam brush on top-to-bottom, letting gravity do some of the work. Looked E-Z Breezee, and the results looked darn nice from where I sat.

Soooo...is there still any advantage to using an air brush on the G5?

And polycarbonate vs. glass...C'MON GUYS! How the HECK do you test for THAT? Baseball bat? If it cracks, it's poly, if it shatters, it's glass?

Ya know what? I'm betting that if I'm patient there will be some instructions packed in this sucker.

So all I have to do is apply the first coat, cuss, dig the instructions out of the trash, read them, clean off the mess I made, and re-install properly per directions...just like I did with the ceiling fan, the rear speakers for the bike sound system, and the little thingy that holds my cell phone on the AC vent so that I can see EL! when driving. Heck, that last one took THREE tries!

*Sigh*...it's hard to be a man...

"Only a man can understand the pain of being a man." - Ernest Hemingway...just before he ate the shotgun.

Ride safe,
    CR
    You're a funny guy...

Veil G5 is now removable with vinegar instead of ammonia. The thing with G5 is that it has a bit more viscosity than G4. Have yet to try G5 in an airbrush system. I am going to be very interested in seeing the results from those that actually attempt to apply in that manner. On headlights, etc, the coating, I believe, goes on much nicer and sets up nice than previous versions. It no longer really flows and runs like it used to, making it much easier to apply without the need for masking off sections.

I'll be most interested to hear about your experiences when you get it.

VG
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 02-11-2015 at 08:48 PM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook