Good Citizen

Default Cop checks out my Veil!

Today I was sitting at a red light waiting to get on a freeway. Behind me at the light was a state trooper motorcycle cop. I noticed him looking at the back of my car (the taillights and all chrome is veiled) then he inched his way right up to the back of my car and leaned forward to take a very close look at the chrome! LOL!! I'm assuming these guys know about Veil and can recognize it.

Lead Foot

The officer was probably making sure that you did not have on any tail light covers or an aftermarket tail light kit installed that he could give you a "fix it" ticket for. The chrome probably just appeared very dirty or old to him. I do not think most officer's know about Veil, thank goodness. If they did then you could be sure they would be pissed off about it. In CA, VA, DC and other areas that have banned things that could interfere with police speed measuring devices, you could be sure they would be scraping and analyzing the Veil off as evidence to support the ticket that would be given.

Speed Demon

I thought veil was clear ? I thought it was more like a clear coat?

Lead Foot

Veil is translucent and not totally clear. It definitely lightly greys out surfaces that it is applied to. The thicker the coat and uneven the application the more noticeable it is. One thick coat makes the product perform optimally and is really needed. A very light coat may be more aesthetically appealing, but I doubt that it work as well as a thick coat. The stuff really made my tail lights quite a bit darker. Veil also affects how sunlight bounces off of surfaces that is applied to so it takes away a lot of the "bling" from chrome and very clear headlights. Some people really dislike this so it is a trade off of looks versus performance.

Speed Demon

so your telling me if i were to put veil on my clear headlight it would make it look like **** ?

Lead Foot

Take a look at some pictures on the forum and on the Veil website like these to decide for yourself.

http://www.radardetector.net/Veil-ap...ents-3396t.php

http://www.radardetector.net/So-how-...-look-642t.php

http://www.laserveil.com/faqs/

Speed Demon

that isnt to bad but it does take alittle bit away from the clear head lights.