Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Experienced

Default JTG With VEIL today!!!

My first experience with Veil so far, and it was a big one. I was driving down U.S. 23 in one of the very few straight aways. I came up over a slope and got a short laser alert, maybe 2 seconds. I figured it was falsing of course, so I kept on driving. I was already slowed down to the PSL from the first alert. Then shortly after not even 3 seconds, I got a full alert Laser. It lasted about 6 seconds, then a short delay. After the delay, I got laser again and I was watching the KSP aim at me beginning after the first real alert. I saw him from far away, had to be at least 8 or 900 feet. He kept aiming at me, and the v1 kept alerting. I got an alert all the way until the front wheel of my car was going past his hood basically. Keep in mind my car was very dirty, and the veil was covered in dust/dirt. But still, pretty much it done its job way better than I ever figured it would. It amazed me, That was probably the most excited i've been this week! I saw the "WTF" look on his face too 8)

Thanks Veil!

Old Timer

It must be hilarious when a LEO can't get a reading, and he's not getting a jam indicator.

You wouldn't happen to know what gun he was using, would you?

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO
    It must be hilarious when a LEO can't get a reading, and he's not getting a jam indicator.

Ultralyte

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by justinkk2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO

Ultralyte
    OMG

Founder of Stealthvation

I love Veil and all but JTG I must say BS
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Scratonicity Groupie

not possible. if a black corvette with no headlights can't do it nothing can.

Good Citizen

Default Re: JTG With VEIL today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by justinkk2005
    My first experience with Veil so far, and it was a big one. I was driving down U.S. 23 in one of the very few straight aways. I came up over a slope and got a short laser alert, maybe 2 seconds. I figured it was falsing of course, so I kept on driving. I was already slowed down to the PSL from the first alert. Then shortly after not even 3 seconds, I got a full alert Laser. It lasted about 6 seconds, then a short delay. After the delay, I got laser again and I was watching the KSP aim at me beginning after the first real alert. I saw him from far away, had to be at least 8 or 900 feet. He kept aiming at me, and the v1 kept alerting. I got an alert all the way until the front wheel of my car was going past his hood basically. Keep in mind my car was very dirty, and the veil was covered in dust/dirt. But still, pretty much it done its job way better than I ever figured it would. It amazed me, That was probably the most excited i've been this week! I saw the "WTF" look on his face too 8)

Thanks Veil!
    Buy a laser tester from radar roy. Alert your valentine one and you'll see the radar detector alerts well past the time it stopped detecting the laser.

Now lets do the math. If you found out your detector alerted for 5 seconds past the last detection, you would have traveled "X" amount of feet based off of "feet traveling per second" taken from the speed reading.

Point 2 - You do know officers are allowed to target you as many times as they see fit. The officer may have thought you were speeding up, so he targeted you again later on hoping you raised your speed.

Maybe you drive a Ricer? Maybe a red sports car? If I was a cop I'd surely target more then once if I thought the car would increase speed.

*support Piratebay!*

Scratonicity Groupie

well, he's correct the V1 will stop alerting the second it stops receiving laser it's the only detector I know of that does this. but it's still B.S.

Stalker is the only gun that has shown to be dramatically effected by Veil.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    well, he's correct the V1 will stop alerting the second it stops receiving laser it's the only detector I know of that does this. but it's still B.S.

How does veil do against a PL3? Do you have any data?

Scratonicity Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by piratebay
    Quote Originally Posted by thestaton

How does veil do against a PL3? Do you have any data?
    nope but with your new purchase I'm sure you can get us some info. I've got a new can of Veil I can send to you if you want to do some before and after testing.