Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Amount of Veil applied affects lidar accuracy?

I applied some Veil after I received it and followed the instructions like a bible. Well, my headlights are projector style and reflect everything, I applied veil (a thin coat) and I can see it up close but its not as dark as other photos I've seen, should I remove it and re-apply a little more? It looks more like a "very slight tint" than a "glaze/smoke/charcoal" look to it. Did I apply it correctly? or do I need more (I applied lightly to where it would run a little but not drip or condense too thickly)

Manufacturer

RensoreK,

Anyway you can post a pic of your application? Some headlight systems are such that even after a good coating, it is difficult to tell that VEIL is applied.

For example, we had removed a proper coating on a Volvo's headlight system because it was almost impossible to tell that it was on.

[Lighting] systems vary from make to the next so certain variations are to be expected. If the coating, however, is too thin, then performance will certainly be compromised.

If you are really unsure and since there is a lot of VEIL in one container, why not try another application (perhaps with the 2" or 1" foam applicator). Start at the top of the headlight system with a fairly heavy amount of material and let it flow out with gravity as you complete horizontal brush strokes as you work your way down the headlight system.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Experienced

Start at the top of the headlight system with a fairly heavy amount of material and let it flow out with gravity as you complete horizontal brush strokes as you work your way down the headlight system.
    Sad... but this just got me kind of excited.[/quote]

Old Timer

We have a video of the man himself applying VEIL to a honda civic.

Hopefully it will be up in the near future.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    If you are really unsure and since there is a lot of VEIL in one container, why not try another application (perhaps with the 2" or 1" foam applicator). Start at the top of the headlight system with a fairly heavy amount of material and let it flow out with gravity as you complete horizontal brush strokes as you work your way down the headlight system.
    Veil Guy 8)
    I thought it was bad to apply more than one coating of veil? I would have to remove the first coat right?

Experienced

Here is the pictures, sorry they aren't much detail all I have for now is a camera phone :?

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    RensoreK,

For example, we had removed a proper coating on a Volvo's headlight system because it was almost impossible to tell that it was on.

Veil Guy 8)
    this volvo wouldnt happen to be a s40 model would it? my headlight is made of glass, would application be easy?

Manufacturer

I think it was an S80.

Your pics look a little streaky...

Bob.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Experienced

Should I remove it and start all over again? This was with the sponge applicator, but then again im not an artist I did use the long horizontal strokes as suggested though. Also, it hurts more than it helps to put two coats right? Or is more than one coat okay?

Manufacturer

Use only one good coat, not two.

Start with a heavy amount at the top of light system and brush in horizontal strokes as the material flows out.

Veil Guy 8)