Newcomer

Default Veil comes off easily?

Hello Everyone.
    I applied my veil about 3 days ago. I shook the can, waited five minutes, then proceeded to apply them to my head lights and tailights. I let it sit to dry for about 10 hours. Today i went to a car wash and it took about 90 percent of the veil of my front headlights. Is veil not able to handle pressure?
    '
    TIA

Good Citizen

Gotta wait longer than that, I'd say at least 2 full days ... I did mine and went to a car wash the next day and it came off. But when I gave it a few days it was fine and is still there several washes later.

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: Veil comes off easily?

Quote Originally Posted by gl4662
    Hello Everyone.
    I applied my veil about 3 days ago. I shook the can, waited five minutes, then proceeded to apply them to my head lights and tailights. I let it sit to dry for about 10 hours. Today i went to a car wash and it took about 90 percent of the veil of my front headlights. Is veil not able to handle pressure?
    '
    TIA
    I can tell you that you need to wait a few days. His new formula is AWESOME in terms of durability. His old formula was good but his new one is unbelievable!
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Old Timer

Default Re: Veil comes off easily?

Quote Originally Posted by gl4662
    Hello Everyone.
    '
    TIA
    I am wondering if the car wash is using some sort of material that is deterating the VEIL, like amonia or somthing. I took mine to the power wash once a week for at least 5 months, and it heald up strong. The first time using the foam brush which contains amonia, it took off a lot of the veil as well. So from that point on, I just avoided washing my headlights with the brush.

Yoda of Radar

Why not avoid machine washes altogether?

Radar Fanatic

you can drive the car though after you apply it right?

Good Citizen

I would be carefull about washing a car with ammonia. It will strip all wax off the car, and it will remove all window tint, veil, etc

Radar Fanatic

That just happened to me today. I live in an apartment so I had to take the car to the local touchless car wash. I applied the Veil about 5 days ago and it's about 75% blasted off in the wash. Thing is, I applied it late in the day and I'm pretty sure the dew got to it the following morning. I'm willing to bet that it's the moisture that weakened the coating.

Speed Demon

I'm thinking of getting some Veil. How will it hold up in the Winter? I don't wash the car in the winter here in NYS.

Can I use wax on my car, or will that make me more vulnerable to laser?

Old Timer

VEIL will pretty much hold up in all conditions, rain, tornados, hurricanes, you name it. Although it will NOT hold up if its faced with alcohol or amonia.