Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default new to the board... whats the best way...?

if i want to make my car less likely that the radar will pick up on it... whats the best way to cover the lights and the plate? is there a way without buying the veil, such as a coating of some sort thats cheaper? I'm not horribly worried about laser, but if there is a easy way to help prevent it then i'm all for it. I don't want to sound pathetic or anything... i'm just wondering if there are alternatives that are cheaper than using actual veil coating. thanks guys

Manufacturer

bigmack,

To be clear. Veil is NOT a RADAR countermeasure.

It's purely an anti-laser approach.

With radar your options are REALLY LIMITED (by Federal law, I am afraid).

Stick with one of the better radar detectors and then drive attentively and you should be fine.

Your choice of the Whistler XTR-690 is certainly a good one so you are already halfway there. :wink:

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Yoda of Radar

If you actually meant to say LASER or LIDAR rather than RADAR (a common slip-up), then I would like to point out that most everybody, including The Veil Guy, has agreed that Veil not a good choice for license plates...you may want to use it on your headlights, but something like LaserShield plate cover would be a much better choice for your plate. As for your headlights and any other front lighting you may have (foglights, etc) I would suggest finding somebody in your area who has already purchased Veil. A single container of Veil is sufficient for about 9-10 applications, anybody who buys Veil for just one vehicle is likely going to have some left over...it takes a long time to use up, considering that it lasts for many months, possibly over a year depending on conditions. I'm sure anybody with an open can of Veil sitting around would be happy to sell you an application of it.

On the other hand, if you actually meant RADAR, then the above posts really says it all...you're boned, sorry

Manufacturer

JDS,

With what we have in the works...that position [you correctly stated] about the plate may change. ops:

I'll continue to keep you guys up to date with our progress... :idea:

Veil Guy
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    With what we have in the works...that position [you correctly stated] about the plate may change. ops:
    STOP TAUNTING ME YOU BASTARD!

Manufacturer

JDS,

OOPS! SO SORRY! :shock:

I am merely communicating with you guys that we're not sitting on our hands in our bunker. ops:

Veil Guy

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    JDS,

OOPS! SO SORRY! :shock:

I am merely communicating with you guys that we're not sitting on our hands in our bunker. ops:

Veil Guy
    Thats always good to know. Keep up the hard work, I think we are all in suspense for the next version of veil!

Manufacturer

Ovencleaner,

We're sort of caught between a rock and a hard case... Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

For us, it's just another 'late' day at the office. :twisted:

But thanks dude, it's sentiments like yours that really drive us.

Veil Guy

Yoda of Radar

Well don't forget, if you ever need somebody to drive around in a remarkably nonreflective car with big rectangular headlights while you shoot laser all day to test your Veil...you know who to call...

Manufacturer

JDS,

Nice.

Veil Guy