Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Car Bra + Laser Veil?

Would it be ok to put a black car bra on my car and then apply laser veil over it, and would laser veil stay on it/be effective? I am looking on cutting down my cars IR profile alot. I would veil the headlights and I already have a non reflective licenses plate cover(Laser Shield). The only IR profile that would be left was the Civic logo, which Im sure I could fix.

Would this be effective, or has anyone ever tried this?

Cheetah Rep

Applying it on a bra makes no real difference in performance, ie. lower PT's. as compared to a non-Veiled bra.

the only thing it will do is give a "permanent sheen" to the bra.
    If you're going for a shiny look to the bra, as in a permanent coat of armor all then go ahead, if not, then save the Veil for later, should you need to redo a light or something.

Radar Fanatic

I am trying to reduce overall range of laser on my car. I know a car bra should help in theory, a full coverage one on the front + veil + laser shield should reduce range quite a bit right? My car is a very dark green and has no chrome besides the H on the front.

Cheetah Rep

it won't hurt to have all that, and it won't increase the range a reading can be had.
    how much of a reduction on base PT's can vary by car, color, shape and size.

some vehicles you could blacken the headlights and it won't do much if you have other flat/reflective surfaces for the beam to bounce back from.

Dark green seems to be a good base color to have besides black, so the bra may help some, or not enough to notice.

There are so many variables out there, that a particular setup may work well for one vehicle, and not seem to do anything on another.

My feeling is, every little bit helps.
    the more you can do to cut down on reflection the better.

If my jammers fail me, all the added passive countermeasures may be the only thing giving me enough time to slow.

Power User

Black Car Bra and Veil is a good passive combo for reducing laser gun range. The only thing I don't like about this combo is I think it makes the car look like $hit, from both the bra and the Veil. And taking the bra off and on all the time to properly clean the dirt underneath so your paint won't get f*cked is a pain in the a$$.

Yoda of Radar

Car bras really do look terrible

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JDS
    Car bras really do look terrible
    LIDAR tickets are even more ugly.

Cheetah Rep

X2 on that
    i'll take the bra over a ticket anyday.

i like bras on cars, and some don't, which is fine, it all comes down to personal preference.

my front end is in much better shape with a bra. it was taking a beating before i ever had one.

besides, my "passive setup" is pretty tight. a big truck, and the PL3 didn't get a reading with NO jammers until 365'.

Besides, at the rate these top jammers seem to have issues, I don't trust them on there own. :?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX
    X2 on that
    i'll take the bra over a ticket anyday.

i like bras on cars, and some don't, which is fine, it all comes down to personal preference.

my front end is in much better shape with a bra. it was taking a beating before i ever had one.

besides, my "passive setup" is pretty tight. a big truck, and the PL3 didn't get a reading with NO jammers until 365'.

Besides, at the rate these top jammers seem to have issues, I don't trust them on there own. :?
    RacerX, do you have any tips on how do to deal with things

here is a car that looks like my civic without a front plate:
    Mine is a very dark green.

My plans:
    Veil on headlights
    Laser Shield Plate Cover
    Car Bra (I wonder what the least reflective material is)
    Take off the chrome H, and all the shiny chrome around it

Also, I could replace the front bumper with something a bit more angly...
    I dont care about laser from the back. If i Had a jammer I could not afford rear protection anyway, lol

Cheetah Rep

Veil has a new formula coming out, which is supposed to improve looks and ease of application, and performance. No ETA's though.

as for the bra, the brands seem similar from a performance standpoint.
    see what's available and what the differences are as far as look.
    some may have a mesh screen, and others an open type look.

Maybe look into one of the cr8apl8's for the front to reduce reflection as well.

the biggest thing is get the car prepped BEFORE you put the bra on. not only clean it but put a good coat of wax and use a clay bar to clean the embedded stuff off as well.

beyond that, some guys will remove it if it gets wet, others don't.
    I don't but when i wash my vehicle, by hand usually, just be sure to run a good stream of water down the front at the top of the hood opening to rinse any dirt out. about every 6 months or so, i pull it off and wax everything. some do it more often, some less.

i would look around some car forums, you'll find plenty of info on this subject. don't use armorall or other type substances to "get it shiny" those things can soak and and cause problems, including possibly yellowing the paint on lighter colored vehicles.

you could remove that emblem, that chrome strip is pretty small, and may even get covered by the bra.

that pretty much covers it.