Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Veil Pictures

Professional

Default Veil Pictures

Ok guys I have tooken some pictures at night with a Veil treated Corvette on the headlights, parking lights, grill and license plate with laser shield. The other vechicles have no veil whatsoever. Here they are and see the difference of the reflectivity. The headlights are on, on the corvette and the subaru. The tailights of the corvette and the expedition are off, its that much reflection!!!, to make them appear on. NOTE: I am not using Veil behind my vechicle as most police will notice this more likely in the back of the vechicle than in the front because of pacing, or following, or behind you at stop lights and can get ticketed easier in my suspicion than in the front. And since most laser encounters happen from the front I only treated the front of my car with a laser shield and VEIL.

http://www.geocities.com/konky04/VEI...?1123650255562

Speed Demon

Thanks for the pics! this shows us again how efficient Veil is 8)

Power User

Nice cars you got there, you look kind of young I bet your insurance is through the roof! :shock:

I also like the vid of the vette tearing apart the 360 ferrari thats gotta hurt a fifty thousand dollars car destroying a two hundred thousand dollar car hehe :twisted:

Don

Good Citizen

z06, did you notice the Veil looks darker on your license plate than it does on the headlights? I just veiled my car right now and my license plate is about 4 times as dark as the headlights. Both were 1 coat. I'll post pics soon

Professional

Holein, Insurance is not too bad for me at 22 years of age on a newer vette. It is $210/month for full coverage. I was paying $185/month on my previous vechicle, an 01' ford ranger 4x4, so the price difference to me was worth the switch. I have a clean driving record of 5 years. Cant wait untill I hit 25 and insurance will drop a lot more.

beeej259: I noticed this too. However my license plate in front up close is real noticeable, but from a distance it just seems a bit dark, but easily readable. So the only way a police officer will notice this, is if he is real close to the front of my vechicle. My license plate is veiled pretty darn good, and on top of that I have the laser shield on too. I know what people say about applying veil directly to the plate, but I did. I cant get my coat to look invisible dark like the Veil guy, but I can tell you one thing, Laser operators are going to have a hell of a time trying to get a reading on me. As I stated above, I doubt I will have any problems because it will be quite a distance they are viewing my front plate which may make it appear blurry, and I did not coat the back of my car.

Good Citizen

Nice pics. Thanks.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by ZO6Vette
    Holein, Insurance is not too bad for me at 22 years of age on a newer vette. It is $210/month for full coverage. I was paying $185/month on my previous vechicle, an 01' ford ranger 4x4, so the price difference to me was worth the switch. I have a clean driving record of 5 years. Cant wait untill I hit 25 and insurance will drop a lot more.

beeej259: I noticed this too. However my license plate in front up close is real noticeable, but from a distance it just seems a bit dark, but easily readable. So the only way a police officer will notice this, is if he is real close to the front of my vechicle. My license plate is veiled pretty darn good, and on top of that I have the laser shield on too. I know what people say about applying veil directly to the plate, but I did. I cant get my coat to look invisible dark like the Veil guy, but I can tell you one thing, Laser operators are going to have a hell of a time trying to get a reading on me. As I stated above, I doubt I will have any problems because it will be quite a distance they are viewing my front plate which may make it appear blurry, and I did not coat the back of my car.

Lead Foot

Full coverage for me, at 21 with 1 ticket almost 3 years ago is about 100 a month. I drive an 01' Eclipse GT.

Good Citizen

leep, your deductible must be at least 500 bucks right? that is cheap at 1200 a year

Professional

Holein, I go through State Farm insurance. I previously was insured with Pemco and they were quite cheap for me too, but would not insure a Corvette untill I turned age 25, and even then they would keep a real close eye on me. Corvettes and Mustang GT's or Cobra's insure near the same price range. $300 a month is quite high for your age and having a family. But if you dont mind me asking, are you insuring other vechicles along with your cobra? Is your wife(if your married) or anybody else insured on your cobra and/or any other vechicles on your policy(if you have multiple cars insured)? Here is something funny. They dropped a lot of money off my insurance for showing that I was insured as a safe driver for pemco for 5 years. They also dropped alot of money off my insurance just for me agreeing to take this really super easy test they say, I have never took it yet. I also have low deductibles with roadside assistance, towing etc, the full shabang. My next day off im going to call some insurance companies asking for a quote. I will tell you what some other insurance companies quote me with. I am still very stunned and amazed myself I am paying $210/month on this car. I was thinking at least $300 and that being good.