Newcomer

Default Would Veil still work after a sloopy application?

Got my can of veil and applied it yesterday and followed the instructions..I wish I had use the foam pads
    Anyways, I did the long brush strokes side-to-side on the headlights (heavy coat) and this morning I noticed that I had done a bad job..very streaky and at some parts it has run (to to end of the headlight).

I won't have time to correct this as I am leaving for Florida..
    My question is...do you think VEIL would still work after my sloppy job?

(I wish I had pics...and more time...)

Lead Foot

Veil should still work fine as long as you actually covered all areas that are most vulnerable to laser guns. When I used Veil on my headlights, I removed them first. I then placed them on a level surface and used the foam brush to apply the Veil as evenly as possible. I let them dry over night then reinstalled them on the car.

I wouldn't redo the job and waste the Veil now, but when it comes time to do another coat get a fat foam brush. The level surface would minimize runs too if it is easy to remove the headlights or headlight covers.

Speed Demon

How thick is veil??? Is is just like paint?? If so when i get veil im going to try to put it in my OLD paint gun and put a even coat on my head lights.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat
    How thick is veil??? Is is just like paint?? If so when i get veil im going to try to put it in my OLD paint gun and put a even coat on my head lights.
    Go here to see how thick it is and how it should be applied: http://www.radardetector.net/Here-is...O%2A-3612t.php

I don't know about a paint gun, but here's a bad experience of Veil with an airbrush: http://www.radardetector.net/Veil-fr...ut...-696t.php

Newcomer

Thanks Jbird..I feel a lot better now...yes all the areas are covered..i'm leaving in a few hours...thanks for the quick replies.

Professional

I think you will be fine. I proved in my veil pictures that I had stopped the reflection of the license plate making it completely visible to read with flash at night. I also did not do a very good job at making it hard to see and it is very noticeable, but like one of the above posters mentioned, if you did not miss a spot on the plate, you should do just as well.

Power User

I read somewhere that veil shouldnt be applied with a spray gun....

Longsnowsm

Veil is very thin, not like paint at all. It is pretty runny so the foam applicator is best for putting it on. Also make sure you get the excess out of the applicator before you start applying or you will get lots of runs. It really is an art to get it applied without it showing streaks or uneven spots... I still haven't gotten that part figured out. I guess it is just a practice, practice, practice thing. Put some rags or painters tape around the places your putting it on so that it won't get on your painted surfaces as it can stain those surfaces when it runs or drips onto them. It is too easy to get it all over the place your first time applying it and then you'll be kicking yourself for not taking the precautions. Sounds more complicated than it really is...

Drive safe, have fun,
    Longsnowsm