Lead Foot

Default VEIL Coming off from High Powered Washes....

I put VEIL on my headlights about 3 or 4 months ago. I only put one coat on, and it was an OK job. Not to thick, but not to light, BUT it did have some streaks. I just havn't had the time to do it again.

Anyways, i've noticed that ever since I've found this new High Powered car wash the VEIL is slowing disappearing. The car wash is water only, no brushes, but it does a REALLY good job in getting your car clean. When you first pull in, it has two pinwheel type devices that spray high pressure water at the side of your car to get off all road grime. It then does 2 runs of soap, a run of Purple Polish, a run of Clear Coat and then a run of Spot Free Rinse.

If I put on a thicker coat will it be less likely to come off? Does this happen to anyone else?

I've been in all different kinds of car washes, but it seemed that only this one stripped the VEIL. I wash my car every time I fill up with gas, which is about once a week.

Old Timer

Well I take mine to a high power car wash at least one time a week. But I never ever spray the headlight close up with the power washer, I stand back a good 5 feet.

Ever get your hand right on the nozzle of a power wash? sob will blow your skin right off.

Radar Fanatic

I have had the same problem with an automatic power washer. It blew off most of my Veil and there was really nothing that I could have done about it.

Scratonicity Groupie

yeah, I think this is a case where you might be able to get some of those black headlight covers and put those on your ride before you go through the car wash. that way your VEIL will stay on and after the car wash if finished just touch up the headlights without the covers with some windex and your good to go

only real solution I can think off at the top of my head besides not going there. but it sounds like a good one!

Lead Foot

Yeah, that's the thing. I LOVE this carwash. The Pin Wheel sprayers even gets my Rims and Tires pretty clean, unlike most car washes.

I was going to think about getting the headlight covers...

Radar Fanatic

Just to let you guys know, I took my car back to the same carwash that blew away my Veil before and this time it didn't touch it at all. The coating is just as uniform as it was before with no small "holes" that weren't already there. I think the application is the key.