Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Veil ?'s

Lead Foot

Default New Veil ?'s

Hello - I am going on a couple of long trips in about a month. If I order Veil today, will I get the new version? How soon? Also I looked on the website today and it said the Veil + Laser Shileld combo was out of stock but the Veil by itself was in stock? Is that the new version?

Which leads to my 2nd question - my state has no front plate, but they do laser shots from the rear (from overpasses) in my surrounding area. Will Veil / Laser Shield on my back plates / back lights do anything? Is it worth having Laser Shileld on a back plate?

Thanks!

Manufacturer

There is no gen 2 Veil in dealers and haven't been for quite some time.

Any new Veil order should be Veil G4.

I honestly don't think on most cars, Veil on a plate cover and taillights will be enough to render you any serious protection in the rear.

Even active laser jammers have an extremely tough time with the rear.

My suggestion would be to purchase a good rear laser jammer (head) and then use it in combination with Veil G4 on the tail lights and/or plate cover.

I believe active and passive on the rear will give you the best chance at realizing total protection from police laser (front and back).

Although my friends at radar busters, got our first g4 veil shipment, more will be coming soon as we begin to ramp up our production.

Many many thanks to all who have patiently waited for us to get Veil G4 done.

Veil Guy
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy View Post
    There is no gen 2 Veil in dealers and haven't been for quite some time.

Any new Veil order should be Veil G4.

I honestly don't think on most cars, Veil on a plate cover and taillights will be enough to render you any serious protection in the rear.

Even active laser jammers have an extremely tough time with the rear.

My suggestion would be to purchase a good rear laser jammer (head) and then use it in combination with Veil G4 on the tail lights and/or plate cover.

I believe active and passive on the rear will give you the best chance at realizing total protection from police laser (front and back).

Although my friends at radar busters, got our first g4 veil shipment, more will be coming soon as we begin to ramp up our production.

Many many thanks to all who have patiently waited for us to get Veil G4 done.

Veil Guy
    When will Radarbuster have it in stock? I assume with the laser sheild plate you will not need to use Veil on it?

Last Q. do you have any videos on how to apply it?

Manufacturer

While performance gains may be potentially seen with Veil over the lasershield, it may not really be necessary.

I would expect RB to have it in stock (however brief) in a couple days...that is until things get ramped up.

Happya$$ made a great video way back in the day of the original GoL get together.

Roy later did one as well on Sethy's vehicle at a relatively recent GoL get together.

Roy recently made one during my visit out to his testing facility:

Veil G4 (Generation Four) Stealth Coating Test

Hope these help.

Veil Guy
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Hi, I pre-ordered/payed for mine the other day from buyradardetectors.com
    they said they will have some in stock next week. is there any chance they will have some by then?
    thanks...

Manufacturer

06blackgto,

Not because of any fault of their own, but I doubt.

We only had enough Veil G4 to fulfill some of the backorders long-held by RB.

Give us a few more weeks and every one should be in good shape...

Veil Guy

Founder of Stealthvation

"I honestly don't think on most cars, Veil on a plate cover and taillights will be enough to render you any serious protection in the rear"

Good job Bob keeping it real and not trying to give someone a sale's pitch like other manufacturers. You are keeping it REAL REAL
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy View Post
    06blackgto,

Not because of any fault of their own, but I doubt.

We only had enough Veil G4 to fulfill some of the backorders long-held by RB.

Give us a few more weeks and every one should be in good shape...

Veil Guy

thanks for the quick response... a few weeks, no problem...

Manufacturer

happya$$,

Hey dude, that's my line!

veil guy

Power User

I saw one video on how to apply it, my question is with the new G4 how tinted is it when applying so you can see it when applying, also is it self leveling, to look neat when dry? Also, what is the drying time?