Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default question for veil guy

i applied veil to my foglights light yesterday and they look great! for a first time application i think i did pretty good. ill try to get some pics posted. but my question is about the composition of veil: is there any ethanol in veil? im asking this because i want to apply veil to these retroreflective stickers that us military have to put on our windshield so they know the vehicle is registered. yesterday i was going to put veil on mine and first i cleaned the surface as stated in the manual: with alcohol (or amonia). just 2 seconds in to rubbing with alcohol and the numbers on the stickers just got cleaned away!!! the alcohol dissolved the paint used on the stickers. i had to get new stickers today. now the first thing i noticed about veil was the strong smell that resembeld alcohol. is the veil going to do the same thing the alcohol did? thanks in advance for the replies.
    btw, ill post some pics of the before and after of the stickers once i put veil on them (if i do )

Manufacturer

We wouldn't advise it.

However, with some additional thought, I have an idea. Why not take clear packing tape (like for boxes) and cover the sticker with that and then apply Veil to it?

I don't know if that would work well, but it would certainly protect the numbers.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Newcomer

wow, thanks a lot veil guy, ur on top of it! and that was a quick response. i think ill do just that!

Manufacturer

rick_rolla,

No prob. Let us know how it turns out.

BTW, are they red or blue? :wink:

...And thank you for your service.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Newcomer

the sticker with the post name is red, meaning im enlisted 8)

the ideia worked fine, except that im having a hard time putting a light coat of veil down. if i do the way i did with my foglights it looks too dark (i have to post some pics). should i use the brush? ive been using the 2" sponge aplicator for this.

Manufacturer

I should think so. The foam applicators tend to soak up a good bit of Veil, which works well enough for large surface areas (like headlight systems) however it may be too much for the small sticker.

You want to tilt the sticker after the coating which should help the coating thin even further. Leaning the sticker against the interior side of a sink should do the trick.

Veil Guy 8)

Newcomer

ok, ill give the brush a try. cant really tilt it cause its stuck to my windshield and i cant be taken off

Newcomer

can u see the foglights?

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=8/23200510972.jpg&s=x2

detail:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=8/23200513877.jpg&s=x2

lasershield vs. no lasershield:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=8/23200522336.jpg&s=x2
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=8/23200532835.jpg&s=x2

my dang retroreflective post tag badly needing more veil:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=8/23200525731.jpg&s=x2

i know i need veil on those huge headlights but im quite busy this week and dont have the time. im thinking of veiling one headlight and take a pic to compare light output with and without

btw veil guy: do you thing the foglights are too thick? or are they fine? i dont want my headlights to arise suspicions...

Manufacturer

rick_rolla,

They look just about perfect from where I am sitting.

Get to the lights when you get a chance; you'll be toast without treatment.

VG 8)

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    I should think so. The foam applicators tend to soak up a good bit of Veil, which works well enough for large surface areas (like headlight systems) however it may be too much for the small sticker.

You want to tilt the sticker after the coating which should help the coating thin even further. Leaning the sticker against the interior side of a sink should do the trick.

Veil Guy 8)
    So you would advise to use the foam application for headlights, and the brush for smaller applications?