Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default 3m protective headlight film on headlights

I will be installing 3m protective headlight film on my headlights. Do I put Veil on the lenses and then put the film on top or Veil the film on top of the lens? thanks

Since the adhesive might not stick well to the a veil coated headlight, I suspect you would want it on top of the film but someone else may know better.

It would be interesting if headlight film were available with Veil embedded in the film.

Manufacturer

eviltwin67,

It would be most efficient to have VEIL on the outer side of the coating.

StKnoWhere,

We have a number of new developments in the works which, I am afraid, I am not in a position to discuss at this time. When the time comes, you guys will most certainly be one of the first to hear about them. :wink:

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Veil Guy says:
    We have a number of new developments in the works which, I am afraid, I am not in a position to discuss at this time. When the time comes, you guys will most certainly be one of the first to hear about them.
    .. that's why the call me St. KnoWhere :wink:

When I first learned about your product a week ago a number of (probably not new) possibilities occurred to me. The thought of something like an IR absorbing lens cover and/or clear bra material would be a dynamite product.

I wish you luck with your development whatever it may be!

Good Citizen

ya know..............not to jack this thread.........but kinda along the same lines. I was thinking.......what if the license plate was angled back a little bit.........or........if the plate was loose enough so that it would swing a little bit back and forth. I dont know if there is a law concerning that but I think that would make it a bit harder to get a lidar reading off the plate .......no?

Scratonicity Groupie

squonk: maybe seth can take a picture of his plate but he keeps his angled and uses his plate covers angled too! if i remember correctly!

Newcomer

Funny this should come up. I've had the 3M film on my headlights for several years and am looking at installing Veil.

VG, do you know whether the Veil will affect the adhesion of the 3M film, and whether there are any other performance issues putting Veil on top of the film? Thanks!

Longsnowsm

On my motorcycle I have the 3m adhesive cover on my headlight and I Veiled over the top of it. So far no problems.

Drive safe, have fun,
    Longsnowsm

Advanced Member

Longsnowsm, Can you take the film off easily and then reinstall it? My night eyesight is bad and I'd like the option of removing the Veil to keep maximize the light output.

I've never heard of this stuff before but very interesting!!! Would I be correct in assuming that I could use it and now apply Veil to the painted surfaces of my bike and car.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/motor...nt-protection/

Longsnowsm

No, I don't think I could remove the 3m without the Veil cracking and flaking. I understand where your coming from on the night driving. It seems to depend on the vehicle as to how much light output is affected by Veil. On one car I put Veil on the light output was affected a lot. On the car I drive day to day it didn't seem to affect it hardly at all. So what some have said that it doesn't affect light output it really seems to depend on the vehicle it is applied to.

Longsnowsm