Newcomer

Default Laser Shield Or No Laser Shield

I live in NC where you do not have to have a front plate, should I buy the laser shield anyway and put "logo" plate there?

I thought if I had a plate there it may give the officer something to shoot at.....

So is it better to have on, or not have one????

dUc

Newcomer

the reason they shoot at your plate is because it is normally the most reflective surface on the car. While laser shield and veil does help in reducing the targetting range, having no plate whatsoever would be more effective. I beleive there is a video on the video section of this forum where different tests are conducted against lidar... and you will see how the plate increases targetting range.

Longsnowsm

Best bet is not to have the plate at all. And just Veil everything else that shines on the front of your car or at an angle.

Longsnowsm

Good Citizen

Look pal, stealth is all about reducing reflectivity. If you put a plate and shield on your car, not only is it unnecessarily costing you money, but giving the LEO a faint chance to get you.

Also know that if your intentions are to get the cop to shoot the plate only, it most likely won't work. Just Veil those headlights and you'll be good to go 8)

Newcomer

Why not get a vanity plate; make a photo-copy of that + foamboard/laminate stuff; and then just Laser shield/Veil that? I like the getting the cop to shoot the wrong area approach ... but I'm a total noobaholic so yo better listen to the other guys.

Power User

ducrider I love your avatar....... "baby got some serious back"

Old Timer

had to remove it :? we have to keep the board G rated.

Good Citizen

id say go with the photocopy vanity plate, with veil and a lasershield. also veil your headlights. the reflectivity of the veiled photocopy would be negligable, should he NOT aim at the plate. if its there im sure theres a good chance he'll hit that first and give you a chance to pick up the hit.

Speed Demon

What about putting something there to make it like bait? This way he shoots it, gets no reading and you're alerted and safe?

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by computersoc
    What about putting something there to make it like bait? This way he shoots it, gets no reading and you're alerted and safe?
    Yeah, I think thats what he ment. Use a non reflective plate and put veiled lasershield over it. LEO shooting from a distance wouldn't know it's fake, and would shoot there first givig you more time to slow down. Interesting idea, especially if you have large reflective headlights or lots of crome on the car.