Thread: Veil that rear?

Longsnowsm

Default Veil that rear?

With all the rear laser shots being reported lately has anyone Veiled the rear of their car? Are you happy with the results? I am considering doing it this weekend to my car and was curious what others have done. Thoughts?

Longsnowsm

Radar Fanatic

The only reason I haven't done it is because I don't want to draw attention to myself if pulled over. I figure an officer has plenty of time to look at the rear of my vehicle during a stop and I'm worried that visibly darkened taillights might bear questioning. I haven't actually tried it, though, so I could be blowing hot air. I think Veil Guy posted pics of his beemer with coated tails. I wonder if they are still around?

Banned

I would never trust Veil alone under 1,000 feet and since you're targeted at 400 feet or less on rear shots I don't see why you would veil the rear. Just put alot of laser jammers on the back of the car.

JTW

Founder of Stealthvation

Dont bother with Veil on the rear you are wasting your time.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

My only ticket so far in life was a rear laser shot so the rear of my sportscar has a very thick coat of Veil on the tail lights, a Blinder M20, and the Laser Shield. It still may not be enough, but it is better than doing nothing about another possible laser ticket from the rear IMHO.

Longsnowsm

I wish I could put jammer heads on the back of my car. I live where this visible sign of a jammer would not be good. So a rear jammer is out unless I could make it work from the rear window or something where it could be concealed. I really don't have a place that I could stealth it out on the back. I put a Laser Shield on the back. So far I haven't been hassled for it. So I was considering Veiling the lights and reflectors on the rear as well. I am concerned that they will turn out too dark though. I was just thinking that something would be better than nothing. This rear laser thing is gonna be tough to address.

Longsnowsm

Professional

hey. i have veiled my rear lights & plates, u can see the pics on my other thread in this section.

i really dunno if its effective......

Manufacturer

Can't hurt at any rate.

With vehicles like Jimbo's car, Veil proved effective. His situation was perfect. Black & curvey rear trans am.

In general, it would likely be best to use Veil in combination with decent multi-headed jammers for the rear.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Good Citizen

Personally, I think you should at least Veil the two reflectors that are on the back of most cars, in the tail light assembly. These are even more reflective than the liscense plate. I like to stand behind/in front of my car and use a laser pointer to see which spots bounce the most light back. This can give you a great idea about what spots absolutely need Veil, and what spots you can get by with out it.

gtp405