Experienced

Default Colourless VEIL?

Hello, Veil Guy,
    I'm thoroughly considering to buy a laser jammer because I can't use lasershield on my plate cause it's illegal and also can't apply veil to my plate (I have it on my headlights) so I'd wanna know if there's anything "in the oven" in sense of being less dark so that I could apply it on my license plate without cops noticing it too much. Is this a lighter version of veil you're talking about when you refer to your new development progress? If this is so, I'll wait with the jammer (which is also illegal) and apply colourless veil.

Manufacturer

I am afraid I am not at liberty, at the moment, to speak to such developments.

If you are ultimately concerned with the lightest appearance of the plate, particularly if it's a light colored one, you may want to consider a lasershield from Roy at radarbusters.com.

It has proven effective at reducing reflection off of the plate area without darkening the plate. That is, if you can get away with a plate cover without hassle.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Professional

As he said
    because I can't use lasershield on my plate cause it's illegal
    so suggesting lasershield won't help him... neither will it help me, as again the lasershield would get me/us more in trouble than the dark Veil!

I've got the Veil... in fact got 5 or 6 cans of the stuff for friends as well, but the problem is that its too dark on the license plate ... makes it look like something has been purposely put on it. If only Veil was lighter, or even car... OR if it was something that could be like a glad-wrap film (super thin plastic) or even a wax, that would be great.

Manufacturer

How I missed that first sentence is beyond me.

I guess I have been reading too many of these threads at one time. :wink:

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    How I missed that first sentence is beyond me.

I guess I have been reading too many of these threads at one time. :wink:

Veil Guy 8)
    Hehe you're everywhere on this board

Banned

I don't think a cop would notice the plate cover because how often do you look at front license plates? Not only that but the laser shield isn't tinted. Unless you have the cover on the rear plate I don't think you have anything to worry about....but use it at your own risk of course.

I use my laser shield in a state that bans all covers and frames.

JTW

Experienced

Good for you JTW
    I live in a small town where police know pretty much everybody. Including me and they don't know me as an ofender so therefore it would be a little inapropriate for me to take advantage of their trust Nevertheless I tried to mount lasershield to my license plate frame but I couldn't get it tied to the plate tight enough so it is too visible, the numbers are blurred. I have to find out a better frame and solution. Or wait for colourless veil.

Professional

I'm also having this same dilema. My license plate is a bit too dark as per the picture in my avatar.

I"d be so happy if you could invent a colourless VEIL, or perhaps a lighter coloured veil with the same effectiveness.

So far I"ve not been stopped by police yet. I've gone through road blocks, lasering, and random checks without problems but I think i've just been lucky....