Lead Foot

Default Question on Laser Shield license plate cover???

i recently purchased a "Laser Shield license plate cover" ( Laser Shield - Laser Jammers at Radar Busters ) for my vehicle, and i was wondering, do i need to purchase the "Veil Anti Laser Stealth Coating" to apply to the laser shield plate cover i just purchased. i did not really want to apply that to my headlights because it would not look right due to the color of my vehicle. also, i figure most of the time the LEO will hit the laser on the license plate instead of the headlight, which i hope it will give me enough time to slow down with the help of my Bel GX65.

anybody have a expertise or any knowledge of this ? i would greatly appreciated any feedback you can offer me. thanks!!!

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Question on Laser Shield license plate cover???

Your questions depend upon a lot of factors. Primarily, what jammer are you using and what make/model/colour of car are you driving? With the right jammer on the right car, you don't have to worry about your plate or lights. Few people, however, have the right jammer on the right car.

If you're not yet running a jammer, then save the money you would spend on Veil to buy a jammer. Veil is a great product, but it is only a single layer of defence. Except for those stealthiest of cars, Veil alone is not enough to give you a noticeable edge without a jammer.

Don't ever assume that cops won't shoot your headlights. Cops aren't steady handed enough to pick and choose what they shoot. Within a couple of seconds, they will hit everything on the front of your car, whether they are trying or not. Everything is a probable target. Everything.

All that said, Veil will very definitely improve the performance of a Laser Shield, and is always a solid recommendation. Just don't get carried away with it. If you start going for the smoked look with too many coats, you're going to get stopped for it.
    Last edited by Stealth Stalker; 02-11-2009 at 01:32 AM.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Yoda of Radar

^^^

x2 on all accounts.

Especially the jammer one. Meaning without a jammer (if you dont have one) relying on your Bel to give you a leaser alert is going to be worthless.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Your questions depend upon a lot of factors. Primarily, what jammer are you using and what make/model/colour of car are you driving? With the right jammer on the right car, you don't have to worry about your plate or lights. Few people, however, have the right jammer on the right car.

If you're not yet running a jammer, then save the money you would spend on Veil to buy a jammer. Veil is a great product, but it is only a single layer of defence. Except for those stealthiest of cars, Veil alone is not enough to give you a noticeable edge without a jammer.

Don't ever assume that cops won't shoot your headlights. Cops aren't steady handed enough to pick and choose what they shoot. Within a couple of seconds, they will hit everything on the front of your car, whether they are trying or not. Everything is a probable target. Everything.

All that said, Veil will very definitely improve the performance of a Laser Shield, and is always a solid recommendation. Just don't get carried away with it. If you start going for the smoked look with too many coats, you're going to get stopped for it.

actually, i just recently purchased the gx65, so not have much experience with the newer model detector and jammers. in the future, i will probably purchase one, but at the moment, i cannot afford it, my tuition is is sucking me dry. the reason i purchased the detector was so i can have some protection for my commute everyday. i do not drive as fast as i used to, like i said, no mula. haha

the veil, i really dont want to apply to my vehicle? well that damage it in the long run?? i just purchase a honda accord ex-l v6 a few months ago, so i dont want it to look trashy if i dont apply it right (veil)... lol

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by mahjong007 View Post
    actually, i just recently purchased the gx65, so not have much experience with the newer model detector and jammers. in the future, i will probably purchase one, but at the moment, i cannot afford it, my tuition is is sucking me dry. the reason i purchased the detector was so i can have some protection for my commute everyday. i do not drive as fast as i used to, like i said, no mula. haha

the veil, i really dont want to apply to my vehicle? well that damage it in the long run?? i just purchase a honda accord ex-l v6 a few months ago, so i dont want it to look trashy if i dont apply it right (veil)... lol
    Preparation is the key with Veil. Make sure the surface you are applying it to is smooth and clean. Veil comes off easy with rubbing alcohol if you don't like the looks, or your application goes wrong. I had to remove mine 3 times and sand the lights more before I was finally satisfied with the results.