Speed Demon

Default veil and seeing the leo.

i was wondering if i got some veil g4 now(without jammer)..that it would work ok while i am driving up unto i see the leo..?hope that makes sense..dont worry. i am getting jammers in the near future..i drive a f150, but ive made it were the whole truck is black. even my headlights are aftermarket and are black except for a bout 3 inches..and well the stupid liscense plate..

Good Citizen

Lightbulb Re: veil and seeing the leo.

Getting Veil with or without a jammer is always a smart idea.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: veil and seeing the leo.

It highly depends on the car you're talking about. My car is heavily Veiled and I can still get basically instantaneous readings when my jammers are turned off up to about 1500 ft.

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...ally-done.html

If you drive a car with a real small lidar profile to begin with, you might have a chance, but in most cases, Veil by itself won't help much. This is not to sell Veil short by any means, since Veil is a great product that turns mediocre laser jammers into real performers. But, by itself, it doesn't help much for me.

Manufacturer

djrams80,

I believe your particular circumstance is unusual, especially given the color of your vehicle.

If you are experiencing consistent 1500' PTs with Veil only against a wide variety of laser guns, I suspect you have a hot spot somewhere that is not treated.

We experienced a similar thing with a black dodge viper, some unusually high PTs even though the overall reductions before/after Veil were significant.

One day I'd like to get a really good look at your vehicle, to try to ascertain that...maybe bring in our military night vision instrument like with did with Steve's (Happya$$'s) vehicle.

Veil Guy
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Good Citizen

Lightbulb Re: veil and seeing the leo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy View Post
    especially given the color of your vehicle.
    I was just going to point that out

There are SO many variables with cars that it's not really fair to compare what happens with one car with that of another, even if they are the same make and model. Color plays a huge role, as does the shape of the vehicle. I always take test reviews with a grain of salt. Just because something does, or doesn't work on one persons car, doesn't mean it will, or won't work on yours. There is only one way to know how a certain product works on your particular car, and that is to test it on your car, which is why I think the industry, or community should have more ways, or opportunities for people to test their cars at events

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by texasspeed View Post
    i was wondering if i got some veil g4 now(without jammer)..that it would work ok while i am driving up unto i see the leo..?hope that makes sense..dont worry. i am getting jammers in the near future..i drive a f150, but ive made it were the whole truck is black. even my headlights are aftermarket and are black except for a bout 3 inches..and well the stupid liscense plate..
    My wife has a white Kia Sedona mini-van w/ Veil and a Bel Sti. She beat a laser the other day doing 20 MPH over. But, I used 3 moderatley heavy coats on her headlights and plate cover....it is as dark as her window tint at 35%. And she has no chrome grill. But it worked!

Manufacturer

GTRstikya,

For me, these are the ultimate "tests."

I am very pleased to hear about your wife's experiences.

It sounds to me like Veil G4 with this one encounter, alone, just more than paid for itself.

Nicely done, especially with a white colored larger vehicle!

Veil Guy
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 02-19-2009 at 08:13 PM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook