Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default laser shield in wisconsin?

i need to get some laser protection for my car. i can hopefully get a can of veil soon along with a black vehicle bra and i was just wondering if anyone knows if laser shields are legal in wisconsin? if so, where can i get one? you get a clear plate cover and coat both sides with veil, this is what you call a laser shield, right?

Newcomer

Laser Sheild is a seperate product than Veil, although you can put Veil on it. You can get them from RadarBusters.

I don't know if they are legal in your state or not. I just ordered mine but haven't got it in. I called my state DMV and asked about license plate covers. In Nebraska there isn't a law against them as long as they don't obstruct the view of the plate.

I don't plan on putting Veil on mine as it may darken it too much and draw attention.

Lead Foot

I've had a laser sheild on my car since April and no one has said anything or pulled me over. I dunno about doing VEIL on it though. As you know, the highway patrol and State Police Love using laser out here. I'd advise just getting a jammer. My blinder, with VEIL and the laser shield has protected me from getting many a ticket. Those have already paid for themselves two fold atleast!

Professional

i definately wouldnt put veil on it. i found the product on radar busters. i might be able to get a friend of mine to get a can of veil and one of those for me. i had heard somewhere you can buy a clear plate cover and put veil on both sides of it, thats what i thought they meant when they said lasershield.

i'd love to get a jammer but i 1) dont have like $350 and 2) couldnt order it becuase my parents would flip out . you cant get jammers anywhere locally can you?

i've only had my detector for about 3 weeks and havnt really encountered any speed traps yet, other than cops sitting with their radar off reading a newspaper . do cops really use a lot of laser in milwaukee? or more like on i-94 to madison and other highways like that? i usually drive on i-94 between pewaukee area and downtown.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Mackid343
    i definately wouldnt put veil on it. i found the product on radar busters. i might be able to get a friend of mine to get a can of veil and one of those for me. i had heard somewhere you can buy a clear plate cover and put veil on both sides of it, thats what i thought they meant when they said lasershield.

i'd love to get a jammer but i 1) dont have like $350 and 2) couldnt order it becuase my parents would flip out . you cant get jammers anywhere locally can you?

i've only had my detector for about 3 weeks and havnt really encountered any speed traps yet, other than cops sitting with their radar off reading a newspaper . do cops really use a lot of laser in milwaukee? or more like on i-94 to madison and other highways like that? i usually drive on i-94 between pewaukee area and downtown.
    From my experience there arn't a whole lot of cops in that particular area. Every once in a while you'll see one in the median, or when they are really hiding they will sit on the on ramp. Now from Pewaukee to Madison is where they use laser a lot. Also, they use a lot of laser from Milwaukee to Illinois on 43/94 there.

Professional

thats kinda what i thought becuase i've seen about 5 speedtraps in the last year - haha. i travled between pewaukee and stevens point twice this summer and saw about 3 speedtraps each way. didnt have a radar detector then, too bad . all were state troopers so i'd figure they were using laser. except for the one that was hiding behind some growth in the median, i didnt see him till i was almost in front of him, and i was going about 85mph .

thanks a lot for the insight on milwaukee

Lead Foot

No Problem. Let me know if you need any other help. As you see my car is pretty loaded and has all the goodies, so if you want to see any of them in person, feel free to ask.

Speed Demon

I like the look of the laser shield as opposed to the clear cover with veil on one or both sides. From my point of view it is way too dark and noticeable. What kind of laser guns are you experiencing in Wisc?

BTW Wisconsin:
    Frames and covers that obscure or alter the colors of the characters or validation sticker are prohibited.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by vw242
    I like the look of the laser shield as opposed to the clear cover with veil on one or both sides. From my point of view it is way too dark and noticeable. What kind of laser guns are you experiencing in Wisc?
    I've seen Pro Laser II, III and the LTI (One with the blue stripe). Those are the only ones i've been able to Identify.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by vw242
    BTW Wisconsin:
    Frames and covers that obscure or alter the colors of the characters or validation sticker are prohibited.
    good thing we dont have stickers on our front plates . i love how the lasershield is almost totally un-noticeable
    my dad has had a frame on his back plate that shows the sticker for over 10 years and never had any trouble with it.