Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Light Output

Newcomer

Default Light Output

I just veiled my headlights on my 01 Maxima. I modified the headlights to have the TSX projectors which make a lot of light.

At night Inoticed that the beam pattern of the light is a lot thinner and not with much intensity as before. It came down by maybe 25%.

What could be the reason, I put too much? I just put one layer and I spread it evenly on the headlight.

If it was a reflector headlight you wouldnt really mind because the beam pattern would be the same, but with projectors it really ruins and weakans the beam pattern.

What can I do?

If I want to take it off, how can I take the Veil off?

Radar Fanatic

Veil definitely shouldn't reduce light output by 25% from any headlight. Does the headlight look noticeably darker in the daylight? It should only be a light, somewhat smokey coating but not very noticeable at all. It is easy to take off with rubbing alcohol as per the instructions if you need to. Most of us (more like everyone) needs to go through a couple of applications to get it right.

Newcomer

yeah, I am pretty sure its too dark during the day causing it to get worse light output at night.

I'll have to take it off tommarwo and try a lighter coat.

AH! what a waste of veil lol

Manufacturer

look at jason's video,

this will suggest the appropriate amount.

veil guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Professional

hi

actually with me, i have maybe over 70% reduction in light output, and i also have projection style Xenon HID headlights. I dont think i messed up my VEIL, i did it properly.

It has come to my observation that VEIL wont affect the older style headlights much, butthe newer projector style ones would be greatly affected. U can see pics in one of my separate threads.

I recently re-veiled my car using the Veil guy's video method, now i have hardly any streaks but its still just as dim.

Manufacturer

I have noticed on a late-model BMW with angel-eyes that the "harshness" of the light output is somewhat diminished with VEIL - not so much the light output, but the starkness of the light pattern.

Is this, perhaps, your observation?

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Professional

Well......basically if you stand in front of your car and look at it, your lights will seem just as bright with or without veil. but if you sit inside your vehicle and look at the road......for projector style HID lights, the brightness of the road is way way way less than before.

For my car.....my fog lights seem to be the same brightness as before as they are not projectors. But my low beam & high beam has lost a lot of its lumination.

Is there any possible way of inventing a VEIL that is not so dark coloured?

Newcomer

you know what I did?

my friend suggested it btw, him and his ideas hehe

Where you see the marks of the projector's trying to shine through the plastic where the Veil is blocking it. Take off the Veil with a small brush carefully with some alchoal.
    Only where the lines of the projectors trying to come out through the Veil.

Once you do that, you can see perfectly like before only there isnt a little bit of Veil protecting that area of where the projectors are trying to shine through.

I am pretty sure its bad against the cops beacuse if they hit that spot they'll get a reading most likely, but at least 80% of the headlight is still Veiled and I can see much better at night.

With a laser jammer I see this option being the best. oh, another negitive is that if you dont do it carefully like I did it will look ugly hehe.

Manufacturer

2001SE,

Fascinating approach.

We just may have to conduct some tests to see what impact - if any - it has on a vehicle's laser cross-section (LCS).

With respect to perceived darkness-issues; we are working on it...

Veil Guy 8)

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    2001SE,

Fascinating approach.

We just may have to conduct some tests to see what impact - if any - it has on a vehicle's laser cross-section (LCS).

With respect to perceived darkness-issues; we are working on it...

Veil Guy 8)
    Happy to hear its a good idea.

That will be great to test this idea with laser guns to see how and when the laser will punch through.

But yeah, if you have projectors on your car for headlights, I think this could be a good idea if you just take off the veil where the projectors shines through.

I did it at night because you can see EXACTLY where the veil should be taken off.