Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Real-World Veil Saves

Quote Originally Posted by noTe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Driver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Driver View Post
    There is no where saying a cop can only stop you at 10 over the limit. Where I live they dropped the "7" over the speedlimit down to "3" over the speedlimit.

A cop can easily right you a speeding ticket for 1 mph over the limit and that is all it takes.

I guess retards will "LOL" at anything.
    I never said a cop can only give you a ticket over 10. Go re-read what I said.

If you are out driving though, the chances of you getting a ticket are much higher when doing over 10 MPH.

Common sense doesn't go well with you, does it?
    You have the same stupid mentallity that others on here have saying a save was not a save because its not over 10-15mph so if its less its not a save.

So explain what you were laughing about then since your point was made so clear the first time....

It depends what several factors when your speeding, location and location of the cop looking for you, you just can not say there is more facts based on your baseless blankent statements you continue to say over and over....its getting old.
    Congrats, you are now the biggest tool on this message board. See RadarKid for your trophy.

The whole reason is because LEOs all have different opinions on what speeds deserve tickets. If you took a poll of every LEO in the world, probably the majority of them would say they won't issue you a ticket unless you are doing 10 over.

I've gotten a ticket doing 5 over before I had any countermeasures, that's not the damn point. But your brain has no common sense to understand anything. The IQ of the message board was so much higher before you started posting here.
    Im sorry, I did not realize you have the ability to speak for every cop out there.

So explain why where you "LOL'ing" at that earlier post? I know you were not supporting the actual save of VEIL by they poster, but it was looking like you were trying to debuke that veil save.

Dont be a politician and say something and come back and say you meant something else or you were mis-speaking.

Power User

Talking Re: Real-World Veil Saves

WOW!

Good Citizen

lol @ this thread.

The only way anyone would know if veil works is if they are speeding over 10 mph without a laser jammer.
    Victor's situation could have very well been 70 in a 55 - making it a confirmed veil save by pretty much anyone's definition.

If it was 70 in a 65, however, I don't think that can be considered a save - as I believe that very rarely (if ever) will a LEO pull you over for only +5 over PSL.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Myriad View Post

Victor's situation could have very well been 70 in a 55 - making it a confirmed veil save by pretty much anyone's definition.

If it was 70 in a 65, however, I don't think that can be considered a save - as I believe that very rarely (if ever) will a LEO pull you over for only +5 over PSL.
    Thank you, Myriad. Interstate 290 (on which I do most of my daily weekday driving) does indeed have a PSL of 55 MPH, and is where I had the LIDAR hit I previously mentioned. Interstate 190 is 55 in both directions, with the exception of a small portion north of Niagara Falls going into Lewiston (65 MPH).

Speaking of the I-190...on Thursday evening (around 9:00 PM) I was tagged by the NYSP again on the 190 North heading towards the Peace Bridge going 70 MPH (PSL on this section of the 190 is 55). I was in the hammer lane and didn't see him until after I was painted. He was parked on the right side pointing at traffic. Same distance as before (.1-.2 miles). I passed him doing about 65 this time, and again the trooper did not come after me. Score one more win for VEIL alone!

Radar Fanatic

lol @ this thread.

The only way anyone would know if veil works is if they are speeding over 10 mph without a laser jammer.

Wrong.

There is no way to confirm how far away Veil works when you do NOT have a laser jammer.

This is common sense, please get some.

Good Citizen

lol @ this thread.

Wrong.

There is no way to confirm how far away Veil works when you do NOT have a laser jammer.

This is common sense, please get some.
    You're right - there is no way to CONFIRM that veil does or does not work, unless you're looking at the gun with the LEO.

I think that Victor's situation suggests that the officer was not able to get a reading for whatever reason - as 15 over is certainly fast enough for a ticket. Of course, the officer could have been waiting for bigger fish. Like I said earlier, there is no way to know for sure, but I don't see the harm in documenting this situations in which Veil could have played a part in the "save", nor do I see why you are acting in such a hostile manner toward Victor.
    Last edited by Myriad; 05-17-2009 at 03:32 PM.

Banned

lol @ this thread.

i agree u can't say it works when you have a jammer on

Speed Demon

I'm not sure 70 in 55 is ticket worthy. I think around here tickets start at 75...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lidper24 View Post
    I'm not sure 70 in 55 is ticket worthy. I think around here tickets start at 75...
    it depends on the cop............ they all have something they start at

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by DrCoke View Post
    Got tagged at < 500ft by FHP doing 85 in 65. As i was going up a hill, FHP tagged me right at the peak on the hill. The peak of the hill was also curved. So i was off angled by the hill and the curve at <500ft. I never had anytime to kill my 9500CI and FHP never gave me the chase. I give credit to veil over the 9500CI on the first 2 seconds in that save as i got no chrome on the front.
    2000 accord
    9500CI
    V1
    Veiled everything shinny
    no front plate in Florida
    I dont remember any hills in Palm Beach or really anywhere in Fl
    Last edited by partsfreak; 05-17-2009 at 07:51 PM.