Thread: Veiled out!

Speed Demon

Default Veiled out!

After reading some of the posts and looking for a new "project" I decided to apply Veil to my car. This was my first attempt at applying Veil and I have to say it was much easier than I expected. I used the brushes that came with the Veil, but I did use a fine bristled painters brush to apply Veil to my chrome emblem and license plate screws. In addition, I am using the replica plate and laser shield.

I followed 4 basic rules 1) Clean the light covers really well 2) Prep with 3M painters tape 3) Applied thin coats until I fully covered the lights. 4) Just like the Veil Guy's video, I let gravity do the work and applied from the top down. And that is really all there is to it.

CC
    Last edited by carboncopy; 04-24-2009 at 01:46 AM.

Speed Demon

Default Re: Veiled out!

Some pictures for you to compare. The first picture is with night shot on and the garage lights off. . The second shot is with night shot on and the garage lights turned on. These are both post Veil.

CC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carboncopy; 05-01-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Speed Demon

You heart Cots? What? FWIW, MS Paint has an "Enlarge" feature that will let you blow up pictures for more...coherent...writing.

rc

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins5 View Post
    You heart Cots? What? FWIW, MS Paint has an "Enlarge" feature that will let you blow up pictures for more...coherent...writing.

rc

LOL that is suppose to say "I love cops..." I just wanted to block out my license plate. I fixed it all up for you Rob so now it won't hurt your eyes.
    Last edited by carboncopy; 05-01-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Manufacturer

CC,

We are very pleased to hear that the application didn't prove too challenging to do well.

Truth be told, we are always looking for ways to refine Veil. Rest assured, we haven't stopped improving it. I trust this will further improve as time marches forward.

Nice IR shots. Would be it possible to request of you to take some additional shots from the front down low and encompassing your entire frontal view (as the police laser would actually see, as it were).

Happya$$ helped me use his vehicle(s) to make some informative videos on this extended subject.

There's a lot there, but I believe by investing some of your time into viewing them, would help you achieve the ultra-low profiles (when possible) that guys like Steve, Vic, and others skilled in-the-art of stealth have achieved whether you use an ALCM or not:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Q9_MVZ_wc[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MquP5-z-jF0[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXTYiiQl6yI[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlLSGo16ZgE[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVmbsqXxhzA[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwFw_qJwBzM[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKs68bJJhf8[/ame]

Veil Guy
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 06-30-2009 at 09:54 AM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy View Post
    ...would help you achieve the ultra-low profiles (when possible) that guys like Steve, Vic, and others skilled in-the-art of stealth have achieved whether you use an ALCM or not:
    Steve has an Air Launched Cruise Missile on his car?

Now that is the ultimate LEO countermeasure!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Experienced

Bob, Quick question. Is veil available to us brits?

Manufacturer

Indeed,

However, to be perfectly candid we are better at developing technology than an efficient sales channel, I am afraid, that the price of being engineering concentric.

With respect to your options at this moment, I believe the following may help:

Bob Thompson of Thompson and Associates has been empowered to export Veil G4 internationally to (what we expect to be) the best-of-breed and reliable retailers/dealers in each respective country.

This process has been going slowly for a number of complicated dynamics.

If you would be in a position to PM me or indicate which dealers you feel that you could trust to be good stewards of our company's product(s), then perhaps you could assist in establishing a healthy sales conduit to the U.K by our association with the most respectable and trustworthy dealers across the pond.

Short of that, I believe NetShops (ie; RadarBusters is not currently in a position to provide Veil on an individual basis to International consumers, except for Canada).

Leaving only one other trusted retailer in a position to fulfill your request:

Buy Veil protection from these authorized sources

The dealer to which I am referring is alphabetically the first dealer listed. We trust Danny will/can specifically make this happen for you on an individual basis without killing you in shipping/freight costs. They have expressed a willingness to do this as we develop a more formalized international distribution network for Veil's current and future products.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please feel free to reach out to me, if you run into any snags.

Cheers.

Veil Guy

PS: Maty_j, please let us know how this "damn Yank" does on the wrong side of the road...
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 07-01-2009 at 07:15 AM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Experienced

Thanks Bob. I'll take a look later on at those links and find some postage costs

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Some pictures for you to compare. The first picture is with night shot on and the garage lights off. . The second shot is with night shot on and the garage lights turned on. These are both post Veil.

CC
    Very nice. I have an 04 Accord with the same front end. Do you have any daytime photos you can post or send to me via PM. I am curious what the HL look like in the day. I have Veil, but have not applied as of yet because of my traveling lately.