Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Done the IR NightShot Test for Veil and LaserShield!!!

Just completed my very first test of such nature with my own Sony camcorder, using the IR SuperNightShot exactly how the honorable experts just sugested... I parked my car in a very dark place (9:00 pm) but a wide one, I was able to walk back and forth for about up to 600 ft (150 m) with my Sony in hand... I have a very black car, imported maker, a thick Veil coat over my front headlights, LaserShield over my front plate, NO Veil over the front plate or LaserShield cover, and the car's front logo is not chrome at all, and I have no chrome on my car at all...
    So I had about 600 ft to manover, back and forth, other cars and small trucks parked around, I've done couple of tests, lots of stops, all together for about 20 min, then I came home and watched the taping on my large TV screen... although all other cars, lights off, gave very strong reflections to my camcorder, mine did nothing, the only reflections, the front plate with LaserShield only, started from up to 100 ft heading back to my car, but almost nothing at this range, the real reflections showed-up at about 80 ft and geting closer to my car the stronger the reflections have become, the front plate with LS only, all the time my headlights with a very thick coat of Veil never produced any reflections to my IR camcorder...
    I have no idea if this a good test to show the effectiveness of Veil plus LaserShield, also I don't know if police laser gun is stronger than my Sony IR camcorder... also I don't know if daylight changes the reflectivity conditions making it easier to be spotted during the day time...
    Anybody has some reflections, ideas, sugestions, comments :?:
    TIA

Professional

Thats rather interesting. it shows that veil surely works on headlights.

I just wonder what the results would be if VEIL was used on a normal plate?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dilip

In my case I do have a normal plate, the Ontario plate, but once again Veil coating changes the color of product you are applying to, it makes it really dark, therefore I don't want anybody to notice it on my front plate... LS is enough for me!
    And btw, since 1995 photo radar has been banned in Ontario, therefore all I have to worry is the front-end of my car :wink:

Professional

i've heard of people putting a light coat of veil on their lasershield, dont know if you'd want to try but it doesnt change the color much from a distance, just looks very slightly darker

Radar Fanatic

Hi my friend I understand your pain, but to let you know that LaserShield is white and totally invisible... unless you are told about it, it's next to impossible to notice it over your license plate... anyhow, your license plate's size is simmilar to the European ones so you gotta inquire about LS for your plate's size prior to any attempt to buy one... US/Canada plates are totally different than the European/HK/Japan ones... size, not the material :wink:
    Best of luck

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Mackid343
    i've heard of people putting a light coat of veil on their lasershield, dont know if you'd want to try but it doesnt change the color much from a distance, just looks very slightly darker
    Thank you for suggestion, but I stick with LS only over my front plate... putting Veil over my LS, even a light coat, will change the normal white into a dark white and I will just ask for trouble, everybody will notice it right away, especially in the city...

Professional

Thanks for your help. I am going to inquire if laser shield can be obtained in my size, if not i'll just get laser shield as it is and i'll custom make a license plate to fit it.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    Thank you for suggestion, but I stick with LS only over my front plate... putting Veil over my LS, even a light coat, will change the normal white into a dark white and I will just ask for trouble, everybody will notice it right away, especially in the city...
    didnt know your plate was white. in that case, i'd definately say stick with the laser shield only. i suppose i've got the same problem, since wisconsin plates are almost all white...haha

Professional

haha, my problem is even worse! my plate is retroreflective white! i got veil on it which makes it real dark!

Radar Fanatic

Thanks for your help. I am going to inquire if laser shield can be obtained in my size, if not i'll just get laser shield as it is and i'll custom make a license plate to fit it.
    Sorry, are you CRAZY :?: :shock: You cannot modify your license plate, including its size, you will be just breaking the law :!: :!: :!:
    I bet Roy has in stock LS for European/HK/Japan plates, it might be more expensive, mine was US$20 plus shipping, check with his website...
    Best of Luck