Default Veil on Ford Taurus X, Edge, Fusion, etc. grill

Hey Everyone,

Just put Veil on my Ford Taurus X. It has that huge chrome grill with the giant Ford emblem so many Fords carry.

Fortunately, it is a company car so I'm not too concerned with how it looks (gone in 2.5 years or less). I put the Veil on the headlights and fog lights and it looks fine, but has anyone else put it on the massive chrome grill? I put it on there, several layers, and it looks like I was coloring on a dry erase board. Again, the appearance doesn't really bother me, but will be it effective?

Also, other Louisiana people, does that State Inspection\Revenue Generator sticker need to be Veiled? It doesn't seem to be very reflective.

Power User

Default Re: Veil on Ford Taurus X, Edge, Fusion, etc. grill

Power User

I don't know if you read this thread or not yet.
    Sorry for posting twice. I think Rd.net is having problems right now.

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...eil-alone.html
    Last edited by v1user; 06-14-2009 at 12:11 AM.

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by I10LooperNOLA View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Just put Veil on my Ford Taurus X. It has that huge chrome grill with the giant Ford emblem so many Fords carry.

Fortunately, it is a company car so I'm not too concerned with how it looks (gone in 2.5 years or less). I put the Veil on the headlights and fog lights and it looks fine, but has anyone else put it on the massive chrome grill? I put it on there, several layers, and it looks like I was coloring on a dry erase board. Again, the appearance doesn't really bother me, but will be it effective?

Also, other Louisiana people, does that State Inspection\Revenue Generator sticker need to be Veiled? It doesn't seem to be very reflective.
    I do. I fixed that by buying a car bra. It covered all the chrome up. Hate to say it, but VEIL alone on your car will not be effective especially since you have a chrome grill.

Thanks V1.

Perhaps I should put the rest on Ebay

Yoda of Radar

Do you intend to get a jammer, or are you trying in vain to defeat laser without one?

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Question Re: Veil on Ford Taurus X, Edge, Fusion, etc. grill

Hey Stealth,

I suppose I need to pony up and get a jammer. I appreciate your response in my other post as well (New member section).

All that chrome on the front just doesn't hold the Veil. Headlights held it fine. But if I don't feel "somewhat secure" with it, no reason to have it. Last thing I need is a cop grinning broadly during a stop if he happens to notice the futile attempt to stop him. A bra is not an option as I swap vehicles every couple years.

My 8500 (non x50) is older, but seemed to be doing just fine. I do like the latest and greatest toys though. As I noted in the other post, my trial of the ix is early on and I can't say it's worth $500+ yet. Trapster and the ix seem to be in sync with all the red light cameras so again, no need for the GPS ix. "Mark"ability in trapster is also very good.

Blinder, Trapster, and stick with 8500 seem like a good plan? Thoughts anyone?

Yoda of Radar

Well, right now we're in a transitional period with the Blinder. The current production model hasn't hit the streets to be independently tested yet, so it's an unknown quantity. We expect that it is going to be an excellent jammer. But until we test it's capabilities under controlled conditions, it's not a done deal. That should be accomplished within the next couple of months.

Veil on chrome can look good. I've seen it. But the results seem to be highly variable, with some looking good, but most looking really bad. You're better off blacking it out with vinyl tape or sheeting that can be easily peeled off when you turn the car back in. And unless you get a Laser Interceptor, you will almost definitely need to do something to cover all that chrome to get results you can be confident in.

Good luck!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob