Professional

Default I think my VEIl worked today

In the "real experiences" section, i had posted a thread with pics about a laser speed trap here in HK last week. This morning i got lasered at the same location.

My x50 beepeed as soon as i came out of the tunnel and the cop was lasering me from about 200 meters up ahead. I was only going 60km/h in the 50km/h zone. Since i have veil on my plates and lights, for some reason the x50 kept beeping till i was half way near the cop, then it stopped for a second and then beeped again almost all the way until i was next to the cop. As i drove by him he turned his head round and was staring at me.

I know the X50 will continue to beep laser for few seconds even after ur not being hit, but i think this time the VEIL worked for me since usually in HK once they get your reading they will stop lasering you.

Pictures below for your viewing pleasure.

Manufacturer

I think your analysis is spot-on and I am very pleased to hear this.

It appears that the officer was not able to get a reading either until very close or not at all (and gave up, and hence the stare).

Joy Kin! :wink:

In either case, I am pleased to see this kind of performance on a yellow car.

It only goes to prove that shape, is an important aspect perhaps more so than even color, and that the more aerodynamic a vehicle is, the better.

Gong Hei!

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Professional

Yes, i am very happy to know this. He kept staring at me as i drove by the roadblock, i was so worried they'd pull me over due to suspicion and due to the dark license plate. However i believe i may get even better performance with a lasershield, in combo with veil.

One thing to note though......is that half way down the road when heading towards the targetting officer, a taxi suddenly came next to me on my left. It is possible that the officer switched targets.

would my X50 still continue to alert if he was targeting the cab next to me? The taxi was slghtly behind me and then came up parallel to me.

Manufacturer

I'd be less inclined to believe that scenario for several reasons:

1) Only the V1 would likely have a chance at alerting to an off-axis shot like that and likely no detector could alert to an off-axis (another car) shot when you're marginally close.

2) Human behavior would suggest that once he had trouble, he may be more inclined to keep shooting just to be able to get a reading, including pausing and re-aiming on another part of your vehicle.

3) You got the stare!

4) You knew you got the stare!

5) He knew you knew!

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Professional

Yes, you're right, hahah
    I'm glad that Veil is working for me. Now i dont have to worry about laser so much (except for the rear).

I worry more about the Multanova's they use here pointing away from you. Sometimes my radar will only beep when i'm almost parallel to it and by then its too late. Othertimes i only get a couple of seconds warning.

why's your chinese so good? where do u get all these phrases from?

Manufacturer

I travelled parts of Asia including Bangkok, Beijing, HKI/Kowloon, and Macau in during the summer of '97 and parts of Indonesia in '99.

I make a point - wherever I go - to make an effort to speak (even a very very little bit of) the local language and in this case, it was M&C. :wink:

I am looking forward to soon return to your part of the world...although its far away, once you get their, there are a lot of magnificant places close by.

BTW, what is your local time?

Veil Guy 8)

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy

4) You knew you got the stare!

5) He knew you knew!

Veil Guy 8)

Actually..........He didnt know i knew....i didnt dare look at him in his face eye to eye, but i could see from the corner of my eye that him and his colleague next to him turned their heads as i went by. I am very very scared of getting in trouble for my dark plate so i didnt want to act cheeky. I have a CB radio in my car that is totally illegal so i dont want them to find it in case they pull me over.

P.s. my local time is +8 GMT IT was 12:30 in the afternoon when u asked me that question.

Professional

I am impressed you still remember a few phrases. Hopefully if you come here in the near future, i will have a chance of meeting you, and perhaps u could help me Veil my car and i'll drive you to a few laser traps.

Manufacturer

Sethy has recommended that I make personal visits to apply the material personally, merely for $5000 USD plus travel expenses. :wink:

Seriously, I hope my wife and I will make a trip back, soon...perhaps travel to the interior parts of the mainland.

I understand Shanghai may surpass HKI/Kowloon from an economic development standpoint by 2010...simply incredible.

I was humbled by how clean and efficient HK was, the amount of people the mass transit system moved, and the ammenties provided to mass transit users.

We have a lot to learn in this country, I am afraid...

Keep your good stories coming...We are interested to see how we are doing so far away from our backyard.

Veil Guy 8)