Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bra with veil

Newcomer

Default Bra with veil

How much of a reduction in PT distance can I expect with a Bra. I think I have taken the Veil as far as possible. I pretty much have Veil all over the front of my car! It's been fun to experiment. I still haven't conducted my final tests, although it did work pretty well the other night. Has anybody had just veil on thieir headlights and chrome trim, tested that set up, then added a bra and tested again? At some point even a black textured Bra will reflect IR. I'd like to get it down to a 300 ft. PT without a jammer. Plus, I think, psychologically, a bra gives the cop a reason why his laser was slow to aquire the target. I'm not a big fan of Bras asthetically but, I'm a bigger fan of beating laser!

Power User

Default Re: Bra with veil

It depends on the car. I don't think 300ft is possible unless its like a black fit or civic...

Yoda of Radar

You don't tell us what you are driving, which makes all the difference in the world. But I'm going to say you'll never even get close to 500 feet. And 500 feet might as well be 5000 feet.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Newcomer

Sorry Stealth Stalker. I started another thread about the dark blue metallic e90 BMW I Veiled out. That's the car I'm talking about. I know a jammer will complete the picture but, I'm wondering if I could see a real additional gain with a bra or is it marginal over what I have now?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Itwasntme View Post
    How much of a reduction in PT distance can I expect with a Bra. I think I have taken the Veil as far as possible. I pretty much have Veil all over the front of my car! It's been fun to experiment. I still haven't conducted my final tests, although it did work pretty well the other night. Has anybody had just veil on thieir headlights and chrome trim, tested that set up, then added a bra and tested again? At some point even a black textured Bra will reflect IR. I'd like to get it down to a 300 ft. PT without a jammer. Plus, I think, psychologically, a bra gives the cop a reason why his laser was slow to aquire the target. I'm not a big fan of Bras asthetically but, I'm a bigger fan of beating laser!
    Please tell me you've researched how much damage a car bra actually does to your car. The dirt gets trapped under the bra. The wind causes the bra to vibrate, turning the bra into sandpaper. You can pay $600.00 - $1000 to repaint your car, or you can just buy a jammer and get JTG performance.

Yoda of Radar

Oh man, good point! Never thought about it before, but that is certainly a concern. I would think that -- unless you drive a beater -- bras are definitely best reserved for short-term road trip protection from the elements. Otherwise, they could end up costing you more than a jammer.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Quote Originally Posted by v1user View Post
    It depends on the car. I don't think 300ft is possible unless its like a black fit or civic...

why is that? does a civic have a low laser profile? or is this a Happya$$ joke?
    Rod Blagojevich: I'm Lawful, 'Feel Free' To Tape Me

chad dornsife for president in 2012!!!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by lugnuts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by v1user View Post

why is that? does a civic have a low laser profile? or is this a Happya$$ joke?
    I was thinking in general small black cars. I remember watching a Happya$$ video and the officer couldn't get punch through with no jammers until less than 500ft. So that's were that came from.

Yoda of Radar

I really doubt a Fit would have the smallest LIDAR profile. You want something that presents the least vertical surface, and the most oblique surfaces possible.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by JTW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itwasntme View Post
    Please tell me you've researched how much damage a car bra actually does to your car. The dirt gets trapped under the bra. The wind causes the bra to vibrate, turning the bra into sandpaper. You can pay $600.00 - $1000 to repaint your car, or you can just buy a jammer and get JTG performance.
    JTW, the short answer is; no I didn't research that. Thanks for the warning. Next step will be a jammer, period. Thanks for the heads up.