Default Veil saved me twice in one day

Hello All:

Veil/Laser shield saved my butt again this time really big. Last wed. I went through 6 speeding traps (nice day) in Ohio. Two were laser.

Trap #1 I was the only car on the road doing 80 in 60 on I-77. Normally, I see the trooper but this one was sneaky under a bridge. He hit me dead-on with laser and my X-50 alerted asap. I slammed on the brakes!! Nothing........didn't even look at me. I thought for sure I was dead....no other car for bait.

Trap #2 Then I was doing around 80 in another 65 off I-90. Hit me dead-on X-50 alerted....nothing again. By the way I hit my brakes hard to slow it down without him noticing. I drive a white trailblazer that the front end was dirty as hell. I'm sure that helped because the veil on the chrome grill is peeling (more veil coming). I turn my daytime running lights off to avoid any pickup as well.

Also, the X-50 has never let me down on Laser and I hit laser regularly in Ohio. Ohio has gotten me to slow down especially at night! These traps are getting unbearable.

Professional

Hello there.

I'm very happy to hear that your Veil worked so well for you, savd you while going 80 in a 60 zone. how far away was the officer who targeted you?
    and for how long did your X50 beep?

Its very good for a white trailblazer.

Old Timer

at GOL tests, the x50 alerted to laser mounted high in my cavalier alerted to laser until about 300 feet before it stopped alerting, and at about 200 feet it was quiet.

Its great to hear that veil works so well on any size vehicle. Escpecially when they were most likly hitting you with an ultralyte.

Newcomer

Yah, great info to know. Thanks for sharing the news.

Good motivator for me to renew the Veil app. on my lights.

Just, not in wet weather, right Mackid343??

Founder of Stealthvation

Yeah I90 is bad but I480 is another world. Take a drive through there sometime!
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Yeah I90 is bad but I480 is another world. Take a drive through there sometime!
    Happy:

I know all too well! I drive entire cleveland region - I-77 I-71 I271 I-90 I-480 between 100 -300 miles a day!!! I-480 is probably the worst road I have ever driven in my life for traps!!! All laser! Also witnessed as many as 8 cars pulled over in a 5 mile span with all different townships.. god I miss PA LoL

[quote="Dilip"]Hello there.

I'm very happy to hear that your Veil worked so well for you, savd you while going 80 in a 60 zone. how far away was the officer who targeted you?
    and for how long did your X50 beep?

Probably 1/4 mile range maybe a little longer. The X-50 beeped for 8-10 secs. Longer than normal. I slammed on my brakes hard cause there was nobody behind me and the leo was far away.

the laser shield is veiled as well. The front had mud all overthe white paint on bumper etc... Glad I didn't wash it that day!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by fasthappy
    Yah, great info to know. Thanks for sharing the news.

Good motivator for me to renew the Veil app. on my lights.

Just, not in wet weather, right Mackid343??

you got it . i wont ever do that again. still havnt got around to fixing it yet...good thing i never see any speedtraps in milwaukee or the surrounding area!