Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Experienced

Default Veil on WHITE license plates?

Any option of taking a picture of two coats of VEIL on a white license plate? They donīt allow plate covers in the EU and in my country specifically they also disallow any coatings on the license plates. I need to see how visible the coating actually is. Thanks

Manufacturer

I have a light coloured plate that contains a lot of white.

I am not going to BS you - its going to appear darker.

Unfortunately, form follows function in this case.

I will continue to try to engineer some colour over time.

I'll try to come up with something for you to view online.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Speed Demon

Default Re: Veil on WHITE license plates?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Any option of taking a picture of two coats of VEIL on a white license plate? They donīt allow plate covers in the EU and in my country specifically they also disallow any coatings on the license plates. I need to see how visible the coating actually is. Thanks
    It's very noticeable, but I bet you could pass it off as road grime (and maybe keep some rubbing alcohol in a glass cleaner bottle, and say to the cop, "look's like road grime to me...I have a bottle of glass cleaner in my trunk...see come's right off")
    Richard

Manufacturer

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Experienced

That sounds plausible. Iīd really appreciate the pictures. I know form follows function and the apperance isnīt a priority, as long as the cops donīt notice.

Manufacturer

Believe, I tried as best as I could to make the product as light or neutral in colour.

My options, at this point, unfortunately, are limited.

VEIL doesn't appear terribly noticeable on the headlights, foglights, and or directional indicators.

Plates are another story, however. I guest there are always plate covers - for those who can use them. But I have personally found some to be enitrely bogus!

One thing to consider is the possibility of removing the front plate and risking an equipment violation from your state. I would definately leave the rear plate on - or at least, move it to the windshield area and again risking a non-moving violation.

One brilliant gentlemen once told me that he photocopied (colour) his plate and used the copy on the vehicle. Say bye-bye to retroreflective materials!

Believe me, when I can come up with an even more lighter version, I will put it out there, so long as I don't sacrifice performance in the slightest.

The Veil Guy 8)

Speed Demon

I would guess that in Germany not having a front plate would be taken more seriously than in the US.
    Richard

Manufacturer

marlinspike,

Is this where you are located? If so, are you stationed there?

The Veil Guy 8)

Experienced

Well, I live in the EU and traffic fines are roughly similar between counntries. Not running a front plate will cost you roughly $250... Covering the plate with anything will also cost you $250. Plus, they take away your license plates and declare your car as being not roadworthy. Veil Guy, I appreciate the effort in making the Veil as invisible to the naked eye as possible but I would be satisfied with even the pictures of the current version. Just gotta see how much different the color is from when my car is dirty .

Manufacturer

Crash,

This makes a couple of requests. I'll try to come up with something today.

I think my wife has the digital camera, but I'll try to get it from her.

The Veil Guy 8)