Radar Fanatic

Default VEIL/LASERSHIELD Question

Here in Ontario you see cars driving with a variety of plate covers, yellow, blue, pink, green AND... BLACK... you can find these plate covers in the automotive section of any small or large store... so it's legal... those black ones are so dark that you can hardly see the plate beneath... therefore I have two questions for the experts:
    1) would it make any difference in additional laser protections to apply Veil on the LaserShield or no difference at all or very little so it's a waste of time and energy to do it?
    2) if YES, where should I apply the Veil for the best real-life results, on the outside or inside of the LaserShield, or it ain't matter at all (same results) :roll:
    TIA

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

1. Yes

2. I have heard both sides so we will let the VG answer this one.

ES13Raven

Default Re: VEIL/LASERSHIELD Question

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    a variety of plate covers, yellow, blue, pink, green AND... BLACK... you can find these plate covers in the automotive section of any small or large store... so it's legal... those black ones are so dark that you can hardly see the plate beneath
    I wonder how these actually do against Lidar compared to the Lasershield...

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    a variety of plate covers, yellow, blue, pink, green AND... BLACK... you can find these plate covers in the automotive section of any small or large store... so it's legal... those black ones are so dark that you can hardly see the plate beneath
    All of them are very reflective, it's like using glass... the color is the only "different" thing, people buy them to make the license plate match the color of their car... 99.999999999999999% of the people in my jurisdiction have no idea about the existance of this LaserShield (and Veil) and its almost magical effects on Laser guns!!!
    I can Veil my LS any time, just one thin lay of coating, but I don't know if it's better on the outside, inside or both sides... so to Veil ONLY the LS and NOT the plate itself!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    All of them are very reflective, it's like using glass... the color is the only "different" thing, people buy them to make the license plate match the color of their car... 99.999999999999999% of the people in my jurisdiction have no idea about the existance of this LaserShield (and Veil) and its almost magical effects on Laser guns!!!
    I can Veil my LS any time, just one thin lay of coating, but I don't know if it's better on the outside, inside or both sides... so to Veil ONLY the LS and NOT the plate itself!
    And btw, the Ontario Highway Trafic Act is pretty liberal on the spots where LS and Veil is designed to be used, for license plates the HTA states only the places where red-light cameras, photo-radar (already banned in Ontario in 1995) and photo-toll roads (407 across Toronto is the only toll-freeway in N. America with no toll booths, all is done electronicaly) are designed to be effective and this is ONLY on the REAR plates... for headlights the HTA says that you are allowed to coat them as long as you don't change the specifics of your headlights, so in other words keep them in the original specs (like mine) and you can Veil them any time with as many coatings you like 8)

Manufacturer

Road Warrior,

From Staton's videos, it appears that Veil on one side will improve the performance of the LS by about another 30%.

Staton's video documenting this:

www.d-rail.com/test6140/veil-blinderfinal.wmv
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    Road Warrior,

From Staton's videos, it appears that Veil on one side will improve the performance of the LS by about another 30%.

Staton's video documenting this:

www.d-rail.com/test6140/veil-blinderfinal.wmv
    Interesting, very interesting... thanks a lot Veil Guy :wink:
    For me ain't the dark color of a Veiled LS the problem, is how I do the coating with no stripes, a high-powered hand-gun would be perfect for this job... but until that, the human hand must do the job
    Again, thanks a lot for the reply :wink:

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Won Hunglo
    1. Yes

2. I have heard both sides so we will let the VG answer this one.
    Thanks for the reply

Just a follow-up to the #2 issue: what a STUPID me, right now I reopened the VEIL's Instruction Manual and where it states CLEARLY on page 1 (for the English version of the manual) "...apply a coating to both the inner and outer side of the cover allowing one side to dry before coating the other side...", reading the manual before and I shouldn't have asked the #2 question ops:
    It says to do it in some certain temp range (not bellow 50F/10C) if you're doing it outside, and my car is parked outside where we now have about 30F, so I will do it next weekend, take my LaserShield inside, do the whole job inside and then, in 24-48 hrs, take it back and put it back on 8)