Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Longsnowsm

Default 3M adhesive film

I attempted to remove Veil from my motorcycle today(I sold the bike so I wanted to put it back to stock before I deliver it to the new owner). I had a 3M adhesive film on my headlight to protect it. All was well and good after applying the Veil on the headlight with the 3M film(Veil applies fine over this type of application). When I attempted to clean the Veil off I found that the 3M film was stained or otherwise altered so that I could not get it off the 3M film. So just a heads up if you put Veil on the 3M clear film over your lights Veil will stain them and they will have to be removed and replaced if you want to reapply Veil. Just wanted to pass this along as an FYI.

Longsnowsm

Old Timer

You should have done your future owner a favor and left it on there :wink:

Thanks for the info...

Yoda of Radar

Im rather sad over the fact you sold your bike...done riding or new bike or what?

Longsnowsm

I thought about leaving it on there. Just decided to error on the side of caution.

I am getting a new bike. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago. Just waiting for it to arrive at the dealer(could be here anytime between now and March). I will be hooking up the new bike with my Blinder, Veil, and all the toys. I will post the results as I plan on doing some testing with my Osprey on the new bike. I will baseline it as stock and then measure what each countermeasure does for me. It should be pretty fun and easy to make completely stealth to laser. The new bike will be a dark charcoal gray and should be a good candidate for "invisibility".

Longsnowsm

Advanced Member

I purchased the Ventura light guard for my FJR. The plastic protector velcroes to the headlights in secs. It one piece so its sort of a nose cone for the bike. I Veiled it on both sides for daytime use and take it off when I ride at night.

I'd love to test it to see how stealthy I am

Experienced

I was always wondering if it would be possible to veil the headlights, and then put clear tape on top of them in order to protect the veil from natural disintegration?

Longsnowsm, you said that the 3m tape was altered and you could not get veil off it. Would it be possible put tape on the lights of the car, and then veil it or the other way around even. It sucks when veil comes off during the winter snow seasons...

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    I am getting a new bike. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago. Just waiting for it to arrive at the dealer(could be here anytime between now and March).

Longsnowsm
    Pheww (Breathes a sigh of relief)

I am happy to hear you are going to outfit your next bike with all the trimmings... I only have an RD on mine as of yet.

PS: What kind of bike are you getting? ....I also await your testing on what each countermeasure does.

Advanced Member

He's going top of the line Executive Burgman. 8)

Longsnowsm

I already had the 3M protector on the headlight before I put the Veil on so I didn't get to try it the other way around. It did stain the 3M film so there was no way to get it off there with simple cleaning. I think as long as the Veil didn't flake off so that the 3M would peel off that it could possibly work as a protector for the Veil. I may have to try that on the next bike.

Yep, I was gonna get the Goldwing, but decided I liked the Exec Burgman better. So I am going to give that a try. If it don't work like I hope then I will just buy the full dress tourer. Looking for easy chair comfort for the road. Going to be pretty funny hooking up a mega scooter with stealth gear! What a hoot!

Longsnowsm

Experienced

What the official statement from Veil regarding application on 3m film? I'll be getting some film applied to my lights soon and don't want to end up with a mess.