Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Old Timer

Default Tips for veil...

Hey everyone. I have offically used a full can of veil applying it all to my car. After about 10 or so tries, I got the hang of it.

I found out the easiest way to apply the veil w/o streaks, is shake the can, open the lid, and dab a sponge on the lid and spread that around in long strokes.

To remove veil, use windex. Spray it and let it sit there for about 10 seconds, it comes off with an easy swipe. This works SOOO much better then rubbing alcohol.

Founder of Stealthvation

What do you use to remove Veil, "Windows" what the heck is that?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

Methinks he meant windex.
    Richard

Manufacturer

I didn't think windex had the minerals to do it.

Good to know Sethy.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Speed Demon

Windex will do it off of glass, but did nothing to the purple residue on my plate. It took alcohol to touch that.
    Richard

Manufacturer

Would you pm me your S/N I would like to know what rev of Veil you had.

Thanks.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Old Timer

sure thing, im gonna have to dig through the trash, but anythin for the veil guy sorry about my spelling, I meant to say windex...

Manufacturer

this question was more to marlinspike which i got from him.

the serial number is on the holgraphic label on the side of the out container and is laser etched.

don't tell me you threw out that beautiful outer container?

that was expensively designed to be a keeper and to store things...

the veil guy 8)

Lead Foot

Default Re: Tips for veil...

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    Hey everyone. I have offically used a full can of veil applying it all to my car. After about 10 or so tries, I got the hang of it.

I found out the easiest way to apply the veil w/o streaks, is shake the can, open the lid, and dab a sponge on the lid and spread that around in long streaks.

To remove veil, use windex*. Spray it and let it sit there for about 10 seconds, it comes off with an easy swipe. This works SOOO much better then rubbing alcohol.
    Sethy, how long had the Veil set before you cleaned it off with the *windex*?

Old Timer

Default Re: Tips for veil...

Quote Originally Posted by SETITOFF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethy

I found out the easiest way to apply the veil w/o streaks, is shake the can, open the lid, and dab a sponge on the lid and spread that around in long streaks.

To remove veil, use windex*. Spray it and let it sit there for about 10 seconds, it comes off with an easy swipe. This works SOOO much better then rubbing alcohol.
    Sethy, how long had the Veil set before you cleaned it off with the *windex*?
    I have had it there for about a week. I sprayed it with windex and let it sit for about 10 seconds and then wiped it off with ease.

My Serial: BE100074