Thread: Question!

Lead Foot

Default Question!

If you make your car as dark as Victor's car (Snoopy will probably show you what it looks like if you can buddy) and you DON'T have a laser jammer, AND your car is about half that size, (with no chrome on the front at all), what is the range of laser now? Btw the headlights are tiny as well...

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Question!

Quote Originally Posted by aBLTcheeseburger View Post
    If you make your car as dark as Victor's car (Snoopy will probably show you what it looks like if you can buddy) and you DON'T have a laser jammer, AND your car is about half that size, (with no chrome on the front at all), what is the range of laser now? Btw the headlights are tiny as well...
    We'd just be guessing. There's only one way to know and that is to shoot it. The flatness of the car's surfaces also play a big role. Some guns will do better than other guns.

Victor's car is about as good as it gets, but even it is not immune to laser. I beat Victor's ZR4s with my TruSpeed at the last GoL at something like 85 ft. We should have done some runs without the ZR4s, but I didn't think of it at the time.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    We'd just be guessing. There's only one way to know and that is to shoot it. The flatness of the car's surfaces also play a big role. Some guns will do better than other guns.

Victor's car is about as good as it gets, but even it is not immune to laser. I beat Victor's ZR4s with my TruSpeed at the last GoL at something like 85 ft. We should have done some runs without the ZR4s, but I didn't think of it at the time.

Yep, 87' - for all intents and purposes JTG I would think. I was actually thinking the same thing though DJ, now that you mention it (runs without the ZR4, or at least in "receive mode"). If I can get to GoL this summer (after I get the M47 installed), or whenever the next event is, we should put that to the test!!!

To the OP: What kind of car are we referring to??? I'm assuming you have a subcompact (small HL's)??? What color?
    Last edited by Qui-Gon; 02-12-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post

Yep, 87' - for all intents and purposes JTG I would think. I was actually thinking the same thing though DJ, now that you mention it (runs without the ZR4, or at least in "receive mode"). If I can get to GoL this summer (after I get the M47 installed), or whenever the next event is, we should put that to the test!!!

To the OP: What kind of car are we referring to??? I'm assuming you have a subcompact (small HL's)??? What color?
    Its a Mazda 6 in black, (the 07 version) But the logo fell off, so its basically all black. Except the headlights.

This is the last known picture of my car. The silver logo has since fallen off.

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/9499/mazdaq.jpg
    Last edited by aBLTcheeseburger; 02-13-2010 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Clarification.

Yoda of Radar

Its a Mazda 6 in black, (the 07 version) But the logo fell off, so its basically all black. Except the headlights.

This is the last known picture of my car. The silver logo has since fallen off.

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/9499/mazdaq.jpg
    The only way to know for sure what the laser range is to shoot the car.