Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default is my veil the old darker version

I was just wondering.....recently i've seen pics of other people's veil, and yours seem a lot lighter than mine. That makes me think.....did i get the really really old version which is darker? Coz i didn't get it directly from radar roy, i bought it from someone else 6 months ago.

With veil

Without veil

Radar Fanatic

Good lord. Is that just one coat? If it's two or more then I'll understand but if it's just one...yikes. A single coat of the stuff I have is extremely difficult to see on my headlights. Milky grey at worst.

Radar Fanatic

the guy i split my veil with had a mazda 6 as well

we applied it together with one coat, start from the top and basically just catch extra dripping veil and work your way down

i dont remember if it was that dark though. the picture makes it seem darker then it really is

without veil

with veil

Professional

He had a mazda 6 as well? haha, thats nice! I dont know why mine's so dark because it is only one coat and I did it just like the video demonstration.

Professional

Mmm is there a "new" and "old" version now or a transparent version? I'm planning on getting another car and if so i'd get the "new" one at the same time, but i dont think Veil guy has made a newer one. The one i have is in a black container, with brush and a sponge brush, and i think it says (c) 2003 Veil Corporation on the back.

How can we tell?

Professional

I remember i read somewhere that i think in 2003 or 2004 the veil was darker. The newer ones are lighter. I may be wrong.........

Radar Fanatic

nope your right Dilip- http://www.radarbusters.com/products/coatings/veil.asp

"New formula now shipping"

"Lighter color"

Power User

PM the TheVeilGuy with your product/serial # and he should be able to tell you which one you have.

Professional

NVR2FAST

Yo....do u still have the bottle? Can uc heck the serial number?

Manufacturer

Dilip,

I am pretty certain you have the current version.

The original batch had a "redder" hue to it. The current batch gives the appearance of gray-violet (HID-like).

The darkness-factor is really controlled by application method...Obviously the more you put on, the darker it will appear.

If you check out the Video Outrun made at the GoL tests you should get a pretty good handle on what to expect. Happya$$ car performed about the same with this coating as he did with that coating along with the headlight covers which were further Veiled, suggesting diminishing returns on "over" coating.

If you want to check out that application video, visit:

www.laserveil.com/cool_videos/

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook