Thread: how much veil?

Good Citizen

Default how much veil?

How much veil do you get in the can? I can't find a FL OZ. rating anywhere! I notice the actual liquid container is quite small. Anyone with a can that can tell me exactly how much I get for $90? It should say towards the bottom.

Thanks!

Newcomer

You get 5 1/2 FL OZ. of veil. I veiled my car about 3 times now, and i have about 1/2 can left. So It goes to about $15.00 per car.

Radar Fanatic

I bought my container last March and still have at least an ounce left. That is after countless coatings and re-coatings in my attempts to get my application just right. Actually, I have a new polycarbonate license plate cover drying on the kitchen table as I write this! I might need to buy a new can in the spring but that ought to last much, much longer now that I have the technique. The small package size really is deceptive. Well worth the $$.

Good Citizen

Sweet!

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it, I think I'll have to look into buying a can of veil soon. It's worth preventing a ticket.

Do you think veil on the headlights, and a lasersheild (possibly with some veil on that too) plus a nice radar/laser detector, will give me a fighting chance against LIDAR, or is a jammer pretty much necessary?

BTW I have a white car, nice and reflective... maybe I'll need a bra for the front too. What do ya think?

Thanks!

Experienced

You will have a much better chance now and yes i would definitely recomend a bra for the car.

Good Citizen

About how much of a difference does the color of your car make as far as lidar speed detection is concerned? Is it a horrible difference, or is it just a small one?

mauiman84:

Yeah, that's a good idea, I'm gonna check around online for prices on that sorta thing. It'd keep the front of my car clean too, lol.

Radar Fanatic

I wouldn't put Veil on the laser shield. It comes out extremely dark because of the texture on the plastic. A regular license plate cover is a better bet but still looks "smoked." I'm trying to decide if I have the cojones to put mine on. It really needs to be lighter in color for it to work on LPs without being noticed.

Newcomer

I actually applied veil on the inside of the of my laser shield. The thing is, you can only put on a couple of drops and then smear the heck out of it. I did it, looks fine. If anything, maybe I could be able to squeeze a few more feet into not letting the gun get a speed on me. (Remember, just dont put too much on the shield)