Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default j/w but how much...

my Veil is going to get here tomo and i was wondering if its going to make a huge difference in light output from my headlights. i have xenon lights in all my lights and i really dont want to lose alot of brightness. Thanks.

cant wait to put it on.

Power User

Default Re: j/w but how much...

Quote Originally Posted by A-TownNavi
    my Veil is going to get here tomo and i was wondering if its going to make a huge difference in light output from my headlights. i have xenon lights in all my lights and i really dont want to lose alot of brightness. Thanks.

cant wait to put it on.
    Not much difference at all! Be sure to watch the veil application video!!

Manufacturer

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!

One thing I have noticed - particularly on BMW's angel eyes HIDs - is not so much a diminishment of light output, but a more halogen-like trail-off of the illumination patterns.

HIDs tend to have dramatic (harsh) light drop-off at their edges. HIDs that are VEILed tend to have that harshness lessened.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Radar Fanatic

cool thanks yall. yeah ive pretty much memorized everything that is said and done in the Veil application vid thats how many times ive watched it.

Professional

Hey there!

Let me know how it works out!

In my car, my HID's seem just as bright when u look at the lights from outside, but from the driver's seat it's much dimmer, the beam is not as "defined" as before. My highbeams and foglights are almost the same as before though.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by A-TownNavi
    cool thanks yall. yeah ive pretty much memorized everything that is said and done in the Veil application vid thats how many times ive watched it.
    thats a good vid...that dude is pro status...

Im still working up the courage to dish out 90 bucks to get some veil......

Professional

good to hear your getting some veil a-town. i dont have HID's but i noticed a slight decrease in light output, but nothing detrimental. you dont have a jammer, do you?

-----------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddieth3king
    Im still working up the courage to dish out 90 bucks to get some veil......
    work faster :wink:. veil is a great product and a must for every detector user!

Experienced

im working on it, im working on it...it seems to be a great produce beause every one loves it, buut i drive a silver car so i dont know how much it would help me...haha thats the thing.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieth3king
    im working on it, im working on it...it seems to be a great produce beause every one loves it, buut i drive a silver car so i dont know how much it would help me...haha thats the thing.
    sethy has a silver cavalier and he lives in laser heaven (aka ohio)! . he does have a jammer too, but his veil has worked wonders when he forgot to turn it on! veil and a lasershield would be good start, especially since laser jammers are illegal in california. my car is white and i'm going to be getting a gen III jammer once they are released and tested. but i've never run into laser yet in my area, but i know its out there!

Experienced

how much does a laser sheild run for?