Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Professional

Default finally got lasered with my veil & lasershield

Tonight i finally got lasered after installing my lasershield on my plate together with veil on my lights. I previouisly had veil on lights and veil on plate.

My v1 alerted for approx 4-5 seconds. I estimate that when the V1 stopped alerting, i was around 400-500 feet.

Considering my car is yellow, what do u think of the range? They use LTI Ultralytes.

Do u think he got punch through immediately? Or maybe he needed at least 3-4 seconds to get my reading?

Advanced Member

With VEIL and LaserShield he needed to shoot you for a bit longer then with out that stuff

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Power User

Nice! Sounds like the veil did what it was supposed to do!!

Yoda of Radar

Question : Were you speeding?

I know my Sensoro will keep going for ~3 seconds after getting touched with laser...

Old Timer

LTI ultralytes are pretty much an instant reading. The fact he was hitting you for 4-5 seconds, veil and the lasershield was def doing their job.

Manufacturer

Sounds like it.

The V1 basically stops alerting immediately when the laser signal is removed.

4-5 seconds is not bad considering you were less than 500 feet with a yellow car. Goes to show that shape is probably the most important factor for stealth, just like radar.

Good to hear they worked for you and that they didn't suspect something was up.

Now try that with a jammer! :wink:

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Professional

Hello,

I was not speeding because i knew there was a laser trap there. In HK there's a nice phone number u can dial and ther'es an automatic machine that announces where all the current speed traps are, updated on 30 mins basis, pretty cool yea?

He shot me for approx 4 seconds. I was going 70-73 km/h when the limit was 70 km/h. By the time the V1 stopped alerting, i estimate i was around 500 feet away from him.

I am considering a jammer also, since recently in HK the police have been doing lasers at more closer range. But my wallet forbids me to do so right now.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dilip
    In HK there's a nice phone number u can dial and ther'es an automatic machine that announces where all the current speed traps are, updated on 30 mins basis, pretty cool yea?
    What kind of FAIRYLAND you live in :roll: 8) ... lucky bastard
    And on a serious note, is that phone number a government phone #, or a private one, is there a Radio or TV station involved in all this?... just curious only... and also very
    Enjoy the Sunday (already late night in HK?)

Professional

Hey there!

Yes, just got back from a Sunday night out with friends, playing snooker then went for a drive around an island. Encountered one multanova with loads of warning on the V1.

This phone number, it's run by some private company, it was only up about a year ago, no tv station is involved.

However, on the radio stations in hong Kong, every 30 or 60 minutes in the day time, from 7am till 8 pm, they have traffic reports, and at the end of the traffic report they also list the current speed trap locations! How good yeah? I dont know how the police allow them to do that! Even the government run stations report it also, but since it's updated 30 mins, information in it could be up to 45 mins behind, so sometimes it's still possible to run into speed traps that u don't know about, and that's where V1, Veil & lasershield come in handy

It only lists where the "active" speed traps are, i.e. the temporary ones with cops controlling it. It does not list where the fixed photo-radar multanova boxes are, so you must have a detector for those, otherwise u have to slow down for eveyr single photo box that u see. In HK, there are over 100 photo boxes, but at one given time only 10-15 are active, they just swap the locations every few days. Even red light cameras are thes ame thing, there are over 100 boxes, but only 20 are active.

Professional

Today i got lasered TWICE on a different location. Both times i got lasered for approx 5 seconds.

1st time: V1 alerted for 2 seconds, coz there was a truck in front and parallel to me, then V1 alerted for 4 seconds (targeting me). It kept alerting until i was around 400-500 feet of the officer. LTI Ultralite.

2nd time: again similar situation, V1 alerted for 3 seconds, then it stopped, then alerted again for 5 seconds then it stopped. This time i was further away and so it kept alerting until i wass around 500 feet.

I was not speeding both times since i knew the speed trap was there.