Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Veil destroys paint, G35 paint wrecked, R6 paint wrecked. Easy to remove = BULL ****

Yeah thanks Veil for your 3/10 instructions and 0/10 removal of painted panel help.
    I did all the prep, mothers scratch remover, wax and grease remover, ammonia.

I put some on the brush, and removed excess and as soon as it ran on my paint, which i had even masked up it would not come off.

I had a clean cloth pre wet and another with ammonia on it.
    It did not remove it at all despite me getting to it within 30 seconds.

I tried to get it off:
    Ammonia
    Isoproyl alcohol
    Wax and grease remover
    Mothers polish and cut step 1
    Mothers clay bar
    Swirl remover

So now this purple **** is stuck on my paint and i am extremely pissed off.
    I am always very careful when doing stuff esp painting, and i can paint, im no newb.

The instruction manual is crap
    "Our staff have spent many years perfecting this product" How long did you spend on the manual? 5 minutes?? Where is the section, if you get it on the paint DO THIS. where is the "IF YOU GET THIS ON YOUR PAINT YOU ARE SCREWED, TAKE OFF YOUR HEADLIGHTS and THEN apply, MASKING IS NOT ENOUGH".

The product needs to be put on in a STERILE environment, it is so hard to get one looking perfect and hair and flush and **** in the air not sticking to it. I would NOT recommend anyone getting Veil unless they have had experience painting stuff and can remove their head lights.

So VEIL how are you going to help me fix my paint?

For the others who are thinking of using VEIL. I wish someone had warned me it is very DANGEROUS and you should take MORE CAUTION than usual, to the extent of taking anything you want to put it on OFF the car. The manual just says do not use on vechiles painted surface or you need to use a solvent to remove it.. UM WHAT SOLVENT????

PREP

AFTER despite me being so careful

Last edited by R6n350GT; 02-05-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Speed Demon

Default Re: Veil destroys paint, G35 paint wrecked, R6 paint wrecked. Easy to remove = BULL *

ouch. sorry to hear bro, this is exactly why I have not purchased this product.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Veil destroys paint, G35 paint wrecked, R6 paint wrecked. Easy to remove = BULL *

Dang, Sorry about that!

So what is this magical solvent that allows you to take it off? Dont get me wrong the product may be good and gives a nice tint but its a very hard and dangerous product that at the moment will cost me a lot more than the heavy $90 price tag it already has

Professional

I found Windex worked well

Here is a video showing how hard it is to get this Veil stuff off paint. I have to go to the base plastic... The video shows that just trying to sand over the veil does NOTHING..

I cant do what im doing to the bike fairing to my car. Its gonna cost me a days work to do the paint and then paint but the car... I dont even want to think if VEIL cannot provide me with something to get it off. Even then there is still paint damage from the ammonia softening the paint under the veil and allowing it to chip...

I tried to email Veil, testimonals and suggestions @veil.com or something and they come back undelivered. Who do i email? The ones in the "manual" do not work

Speed Demon

damn man, that sucks. Why did you put veil on the R6 anyways?
    I would never put it on mine, first because the lights are too small to aim at from a distance, and second because if I get hit by laser speeding, I will continue to speed...faster!

Good Citizen

Yes, dude that sucks... I bought the stuff to pus on my IS F (have not applied it yet), but have been warned by more than one to not apply it as it can do this and also somehow "eat" it's way into the headlight plastic and become irremovable or ruin the plastic.... I'm still undecided if I will apply it in the spring (as it's too cold right now anyway) or just sell the stuff.... I did read somewhere on here that others had problems when using masking tape as veil is so viscous it seeps under it and is not reccomended therefore to use tape.... You say you attempted to revove the veil from the painted surfaces within 30 seconds, but do you mean that you waited till you were done painting the light (I assume this took several minutes per light) and then IMMEDIATELY removed the tape and then tried to remove the veil? If so, the veil was on the paint for longer than 30 seconds and may be part of the problem... (just thinking aloud)

Good Citizen

I know it might not be totally practical for some, but my friend when he applied his took no chances and took the headlights off his car and applied it. Might help save the paint when applied

Experienced

Sorry about that hopefully you figure something out