Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pics & Questions of Veiled HIDs/Fogs on BMW M3.

Hey all, just wanted to post pics of my experience with this fine product and wanted to make sure that I applyed it properly.

1. Side View of Veiled HID.

2. Left HID/Fog = Factory. Right HID/Fog = Veiled

3. Top View

4. Lights Off

Question:

1. Granted I do not know how long it takes for Veil to fully set (these pics were taken 10-15 mins after application), but did I put on too much Veil on the HID in Pic #1? Is the haze/streaking normal?

Radar Fanatic

For a first timer I think you did an excellent job. The first time I applied Veil it was much more streaky. As long as there is a moderate coat over the entire light you should have nothing to worry about. When the coating finally wears down (hopefully quite a ways down the road) you can shoot for perfection.

I can't stand how it looks, I am going to remove it and try again. Is it better to make however many brush strokes it takes to cover it evenly and let it sit, or keep stroking it (no sexual reference intended) till it dries?

Radar Fanatic

Have you watched Veil Guy's video? It's best to let gravity do most of the work. Start at the top with a well-loaded sponge brush and let it run down, using the brush to even it out on its way down. As it flows naturally the streaks will come out. Few brush strokes are better than more, and don't worry about drips. Just make sure that you have a rag handy to clean them up immediately.

It does take practice to get it perfect. Which reminds me, my headlights desperately need a fresh coat...

Just ran down to the garage to get it off. I had no issue getting it off with Windex. I will rewatch the video and make sure I do a better job. Thanks for your help!

Default Re: Pics & Questions of Veiled HIDs/Fogs on BMW M3.

Quote Originally Posted by atwardiv
    Question:

1. Granted I do not know how long it takes for Veil to fully set (these pics were taken 10-15 mins after application), but did I put on too much Veil on the HID in Pic #1? Is the haze/streaking normal?
    It only looked good in the beginning because it was still wet. You didn't put too much on. The "haze" is normal. The streaking is just an artifact of a first-timer install. Use the foam brush, no more than one stroke over any spot. Start at the top, make horizontal strokes, and work your way down. Should fix the streaks.

Gotcha, I will try again today and see how it goes.

Professional

it always looks goood in the beginning, but after a few hours thats when it doesnt look so good.

Pls let me know how your HID lights are afterwards.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Dilip
    it always looks goood in the beginning, but after a few hours thats when it doesnt look so good.
    agreed, i loved the look right after i put it on, but now it makes the lights look dull rather than darker and meaner

Power User

I've never been able to apply Veil very well, every time I try it looks like $hit. For a first time attempt you did a better job than I could have done. I've seen TheVeilGuy in person apply Veil several times and the job he does is amazing.