Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Anyone Pulled Over for a Veiled License plate ?

I was wondering with the laws being so strict on license plate obstruction, if anyone has ever been pulled over with Veil applied to the plate or to a clear cover over the plate? Particularly in TX.

Experienced

Default Re: Anyone Pulled Over for a Veiled License plate ?

dont know. license plate covers are allowed in ohio.

Radar Fanatic

I applied a coat of auto wax, not removed, along with plate cover and it has worked well.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by NormSky View Post
    I applied a coat of auto wax, not removed, along with plate cover and it has worked well.
    Same for me. In some states plate covers are forbidden (even colorless ones) and individuals who don't understand how to use Veil properly tend to overdo applications erroneously thinking that that a lot if better than a little. If you want the smoke effect, fine, but don't make things darker than they need to be for "performance" reasons.

BTW, over the weekend I got seriously scrutinized by an NYS trooper who noticed two jammer heads on my rear plate and I was certain that he was going to pull me over for them! But instead he followed me close for 15 minutes AFTER he lasered me and did not get a reading even as I passed him and I had turned off my jammers immediately well before doing so. Perhaps he had difficulty getting a reading on my front even without jammers running and Veil only. He was hand-holding, I believe a TruSpeed in his vehicle.

LEOs are definitely getting more knowledgeable about the use of active jammers, perhaps do to newbies jamming to gun. It may only be a matter of time, before jammers are outlawed...as they are being outlawed in more and more states over time. Plate cover violations will may be minor in relation to jammer use. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 07-12-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Founder of Stealthvation

I had LEO's inspect my car up close and personal and never have I been harassed for using Veil anywhere on my vehicle
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Got a verbal warning for my veiled headlights a few years back. Cop thought I painted them & told me to remove the paint. Never said a word about the 4 blinder heads right in front of his eyes.

Radar Fanatic

djrams got pulled for Veiled tail lights on his new red mustang convertible years ago, I'm not sure if it was the veil or the red mustang, but the officer said it was for tinted tail lights.

IMO it's better to be unassuming and slightly reflective than to be suspicious but perfectly non reflective, if you make it no excess reflectivity and have a good active CM setup and good tactics and don't have a car or do anything to draw attention from the LEOs you'll go by unnoticed.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by Motor On View Post
    djrams got pulled for Veiled tail lights on his new red mustang convertible years ago, I'm not sure if it was the veil or the red mustang, but the officer said it was for tinted tail lights.

IMO it's better to be unassuming and slightly reflective than to be suspicious but perfectly non reflective, if you make it no excess reflectivity and have a good active CM setup and good tactics and don't have a car or do anything to draw attention from the LEOs you'll go by unnoticed.
    Really, it all comes down to how much is applied.

If Veil is over applied, things can appear darker. If it is applied correctly, it is difficult to see that it is on. Again, it comes down to proper application.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSky View Post
    BTW, over the weekend I got seriously scrutinized by an NYS trooper who noticed two jammer heads on my rear plate and I was certain that he was going to pull me over for them! But instead he followed me close for 15 minutes AFTER he lasered me and did not get a reading even as I passed him and I had turned off my jammers immediately well before doing so. Perhaps he had difficulty getting a reading on my front even without jammers running and Veil only. He was hand-holding, I believe a TruSpeed in his vehicle.
    So you JTK and he still struggled. That's a solid job of Veil in action.

Power User

I veiled my clear plate cover and put over tag and had no worries.