Newcomer

Default Veil & Saran Wrap Question lol

This may be a pretty funny question, so here goes:

After I apply Veil onto my headlights, will putting saran wrap over it completely make it pointless? (ie. will saran wrap help the LEO's lidar?)

let me explain lol I'm not being cheap here, rather, I only need veil when I drive up to nor cal and the drive up is the only place LEO's in CA uses lidar. That said, I need saran wrap to cover up the veil'd headlights otherwise tons (and I really mean several thousands) of bugs die on my bumper/headlights. I don't want to wash my headlights twice (from the drive up & down) and wearing off the veil. This way when I get to my destination, I can just peel the saran wrap off.

Also, is it worth veiling and getting a laser shield plate cover for the back? In CA, front plates aren't really required (it is but it's a slap on the wrist fine), so I don't have a front plate.

edit: the saran wrap will be held down w/ duct tape (lol i feel so ghetto asking this)
    Last edited by jas0ndotc0m; 09-20-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Professional

Default Re: Veil & Saran Wrap Question lol

Instead of saran wrap, why not use the 3M clear bra stuff? Its a bit thicker than the saran wrap and if it gets hit with pebbles it won't look like crap

Veil doesn't come off with regular soap and water...only alcohol. Veil supposedly lasts several months so don't worry about your trip.

Manufacturer

Closer to many years, with proper application.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook