Newcomer

Default Can viel give lidar units a wrong read, or just a delayed read.

After several tickets, I decided to get several precautions. I have an V1 and viel applied to my headlights. I'm not entirely sure if I applied the viel right, or if the amount was right, but it does cover the entire headlight, and you can clearly see it. Strangely, last night, I got another ticket going 72-74 mph in a 65 mph zone by lidar. The LEO told me I was going 80, which I'm positive I didn't even pass 75, so my question is, is there any chance at all that the viel can gave lidar a wrong read? Or is his lidar just out of sync (not tuned)? Are there any options I am not thinking about?

Good Citizen

Default Re: Can viel give lidar units a wrong read, or just a delayed read.

Quote Originally Posted by jas0ndotc0m View Post
    After several tickets, I decided to get several precautions. I have an V1 and viel applied to my headlights. I'm not entirely sure if I applied the viel right, or if the amount was right, but it does cover the entire headlight, and you can clearly see it. Strangely, last night, I got another ticket going 72-74 mph in a 65 mph zone by lidar. The LEO told me I was going 80, which I'm positive I didn't even pass 75, so my question is, is there any chance at all that the viel can gave lidar a wrong read? Or is his lidar just out of sync (not tuned)? Are there any options I am not thinking about?
    First off its Veil. And no it cannot distort a reading. Only absorb the laser so it gives u more time to slow down.

My guess is your speedometer is off and when you thought u were going just below 75, you were actually going 80.

Good Citizen

double post(internet was wonky for a minute)
    Last edited by Ozone; 11-23-2011 at 12:11 AM.

It's possible his gun was out of tune, and veil is great, but it is meant to be used in combination with a laser jammer. On certain guns, it might be possible for VEIL to jam to gun, meaning jam laser all the way to the laser gun. However it's main purpose is to give you extra reaction time to slow down. If you can detect the laser that is, laser jammers detect and jam laser. They aren't legal in all states though so check your state online. I would recommend the Blinder M27 laser jammer.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture333 View Post
    ...On certain guns, it might be possible for VEIL to jam to gun, meaning jam laser all the way to the laser gun...
    Just semantics I'm guessing, but Veil does not "jam" lidar, but rather absorbs the frequencies of light that lidar uses.