Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Fully Stealthing a Car no testing????

if you are talking about passive countermeasures against LIDAR, none of them work with any effectiveness - Unless you can make your car out of material that will absorb all electromagnetic radiation (blackbody), but this in itself will be impractical since you cannot have any working headlights like this..lol. Info here : Black body - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by whistlerfan View Post
    do you have video documentation of that. If I see it I will believe it otherwise well you know.
    No, I don't have video documentation of me getting speed readings on people walking down the street, but all you have to do is ask anyone that owns a laser gun how easy it is.

Veil guy has been awfully quiet. For a post that gets to the heart of the matter. It seems where staking and awful allot that a laser jammer or parking sensor however you want to put it is gonna provide protection at that critical moment when we really need it. It's like when you perform a stunt you can do it hundreds of times safely but it only takes one time to get hurt.
    Last edited by whistlerfan; 04-04-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Manufacturer

WF,

Yeah, I haven't had as much time on any of the forums for some time...as I have been heavily preoccupied with other things going on right now.

Hope you've been well and Happy Easter!

PS: In case you missed this one...

Update: Actual cost of speeding ticket was $619!!! after revised fines for 2012 went into effect.

VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Thanks Veil Guy, I ran across that video a little while back. Nothing more will ruining your day then getting a speeding ticket. No matter how big or small. It seems getting a speeding ticket is inevitable no matter how honest on the road you can be.

My cousin, she is probably the most honest driver around. Ended up with a speeding ticket. She was in heavy fast moving traffic and was paying attention to the road more then the speedometer. Before she knew it she had flashers going on behind her. She applied the break and got over, at first she didn't even know she was speeding. Officer came over told her she was doing 10 over. Why they picked her have no clue. She said other cars where going allot faster then here. She said she wasn't even in the left lane. At first she didn't even believe she went over in the first place. When she got home she told me about it. I checked her GPS it show a max speed for the trip of what would have been around 10 over for the area she was in. After that ticket she felt really insecure driving.

Now for me to get back on topic.
    Veil Guy, what I was trying to cover was not so much Veil itself but stealthing of the car. With or Without Veil. Veil being and added bonus I guess. But you ran a series of videos on stealthing but never a road test was done to test the theory itself. A test of this nature has never been ran on this forum. I know because my old screen name which I had deleted went way further back then my current one.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy View Post
    ...I have been heavily preoccupied with other things going on right now.
    Is she cute?

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by zr1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy View Post
    ...I have been heavily preoccupied with other things going on right now.
    Is she cute?
    LOL!
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by whistlerfan View Post
    Thanks Veil Guy, I ran across that video a little while back. Nothing more will ruining your day then getting a speeding ticket. No matter how big or small. It seems getting a speeding ticket is inevitable no matter how honest on the road you can be.

My cousin, she is probably the most honest driver around. Ended up with a speeding ticket. She was in heavy fast moving traffic and was paying attention to the road more then the speedometer. Before she knew it she had flashers going on behind her. She applied the break and got over, at first she didn't even know she was speeding. Officer came over told her she was doing 10 over. Why they picked her have no clue. She said other cars where going allot faster then here. She said she wasn't even in the left lane. At first she didn't even believe she went over in the first place. When she got home she told me about it. I checked her GPS it show a max speed for the trip of what would have been around 10 over for the area she was in. After that ticket she felt really insecure driving.

Now for me to get back on topic.
    Veil Guy, what I was trying to cover was not so much Veil itself but stealthing of the car. With or Without Veil. Veil being and added bonus I guess. But you ran a series of videos on stealthing but never a road test was done to test the theory itself. A test of this nature has never been ran on this forum. I know because my old screen name which I had deleted went way further back then my current one.
    With respect to stealthing a "whole" car, we have been working on something along these lines for quite some time but have nothing as yet ready for the general public. I can say, however, that the results thus far have been very encouraging. I believe such a combination would effectively render jammers "obsolete," which could be a nice thing, as more and more states and provinces are specifically outlawing them, and as lidar algo's get more sophisticated for a "jammer" to defeat, Veil really shines (which actually is the opposite of what it actually does. )

With respect to "speeding," I make no bones about it, I enjoy "spirited" driving. As painful as that ticket was, OUCH!!!, I ultimately look at it as a "road tax" for the privilege for spirited driving...Just so long as any points are managed effectively.

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Event Horizon View Post
    if you are talking about passive countermeasures against LIDAR, none of them work with any effectiveness - Unless you can make your car out of material that will absorb all electromagnetic radiation (blackbody), but this in itself will be impractical since you cannot have any working headlights like this..lol. Info here : Black body - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This is why the motor vehicle industry needs to make pop-out headlights cool again

you could fully stealth a car or truck by running a very large angled snowplow in front of the whole thing.

but it would be hell to drive !