Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Photos of Veil on a license plate?

Could I get some photos of what veil looks like when applied to lights and the license? Up close would be perfect.

Administrator

Default Photos

I just sent a few photos to Bob with photos of my Harley with the Veil on the headlamps, I don't have any of a license plate but I know he has.

Bob, how about putting a page on your site with close ups of before and after, headlamps, license plates and then we can post a link to your site with the pictures??
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Experienced

That would be great, the pictures of that BMW on the site don't really show us much.

Manufacturer

Default Check out laserveil site

Close-ups of front of 540 before and after:

http://www.laserveil.com/faqs/

BTW, I had a before shot of the 540 and then a Countach for the after, but didn't use them because nobody will believe Veil will make a bimmer look like a lambo!

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Experienced

As I said before I can't really tell much from that photo, I'm hoping for a real close up as in the like the camera is 15 inches from the headlight so we can really see what is going on. Also a license plate shot would be good too.

Manufacturer

Default Yeah

I missed that earlier comment.

Depending on the particular lighting, it can be very difficult to tell that Veil has been applied to the vehicle once all lights are treated. Especially if they are coloured like the parking and/or brake lamps. Very difficult to tell, indeed.

Plate covers will tend to look a bit darker than their untreated counterparts.

What particularly are you looking for? Perhaps I can come up with some pics that'll be useful to you.

Or maybe we can start some sort of gallery, perhaps on the laserveil site.

Its an interesting thought.

The Veil Guy
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Experienced

I'd really like to see one with with veil applied on the plate, or on a plate cover. A lot of states have laws about obsuring the license plate.

More pics with the headlights couldn't hurt.

Manufacturer

Default PICs

I'll look into in and see what I can do.

We're planning to perform some additional testing in the next month, perhaps I'll get some pictures of different configurations.

The Veil Guy

Power User

I have Veil. The instructions for applying Veil to licsense plate instruct you to use a clear license plate cover and coat it with Veil on both sides for maximum effectiveness. If you coat it that way your plate will be VERY dark and noticeable. It was hard to read from 10 yards away when applied. I also tried putting one coating directly on the plate and it was also too dark. You can put Veil on your plate if you want, but any cop that sees it will know you are up to something. I suggest getting a laser shield for the plate and using Veil on the headlights and reflective surfaces.

Jamal

Manufacturer

Default Couple of updates

stealthJamal,

Couple of points worth mentioning.

1) We are addressing this problem as I write this. An improvement will be available with our next shipment to Roy.

2) When coating a plate on both sides try applying a thinner coat of each side. This should help lighten things up a bit.

The special materials we use, that make VEIL so effective, dictate much of the appearance. Form definately follows function in this case...

Thanks for your feedback.

The Veil Guy