Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Veil up North

Manufacturer

Default Re: Veil up North

Great to hear this! Veil get's dissed by a certain number of jammer snobs, but for a fraction of the price, you do get a good measure of protection in a good number of targeting situations.

Glad it's been working for you!

VG

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhonda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Well, this is disappointing. I watched a couple of Radar Roy's videos with the Veil Guy, particularly one in which Radar Roy demonstrates that a car with only Veil on the headlights and no jammer was able to avoid being targeted by a LIDAR gun. It was a Shelby Mustang, as I recall, driven by Veil Guy himself. Roy even said the words "jam to gun" at the end of the video. I trusted that information, bought a can from RadarBusters, and now wish I could test it myself. I don't have a LIDAR gun, so I can't, but it is disappointing that others have found Veil ineffective. I would have expected a caveat or something in the video, a version of "your mileage may vary."

I'm not interested in investing in a Laser Interceptor or other jamming device (not necessary, according to Veil Guy, and I can't afford it anyway), so I guess I just wasted $100. If Veil was even effective at reducing the range of a LIDAR gun to 300-400 feet, I'd be happy.

So much for "truth in advertising." Very disappointing...
    I just thought I would chime in here, I have a BEL-995 and veil applied to my car no LI or other jammers and I can say laser warnings before Veil were only about 2secs (that time i assumed they had me locked and descion made), now after Veil for about 1 year and about 16 laser hits my laser warning is about 10-15sec depending on road/weather. It's not a scientific study as I have never stopped to ask the cop if they got a reading but the rusults are a clear 15-0 victory over speeding tickets.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=The Veil Guy;904030......jammer snobs..........you get...good....good...[QUOTE]

Jammer snobs! That is funny! LOL....These snobs buy your product to prevent a JTG. Veil is a great product, but what it is good for is not what your trying to imply it can do for all RD users. For legal purposes, you know you cannot claim certain things, so you use testimonials which will not get you sued. The testimonials that are out there, well, more bad than good which is hurting your bussiness. Take your product, change and adapt it to certain needs and you can make millions! Add products like the Veil Bra/mirror covers (T.M.), made of veil to cover the front of the auto that will work!.....

Manufacturer

Whoa. More bad than good? Where is that? On jammer forums?
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Speed Demon

I don't approve of active jammers whatsoever due to their questionable legality but I do approve of any passive devices like Veil.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Buckdarma View Post
    I don't approve of active jammers whatsoever due to their questionable legality but I do approve of any passive devices like Veil.
    Questionable legality? Jammers are either legal or illegal in your state. Veil is meant to compliment jammers. Real enthusiasts do not rely on Veil alone to protect them from lidar.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
    Questionable legality? Jammers are either legal or illegal in your state. Veil is meant to compliment jammers. Real enthusiasts do not rely on Veil alone to protect them from lidar.
    They are being outlawed in more and more states as you know because they are a active method of skirting the law. Simple concept to understand I thought.

Advanced Member

......passive devices like Veil.......
    How can it be a passive device when RDs fail to detect a lidar beam because it is so tiny? By luck only, if the RD does alarm, what are the odds of a win? Upstatedoc said it all!...